Group buy of EH Bad Stone Phase Shift boards

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
B Tremblay
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by B Tremblay »

coi2001 wrote:Hard to desolder the components if you make a mistake, I guess is the double sided plating.
I also made a mistake while populating the board and I agree, the through-hole plating makes it a challenge to correct.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

I would think a spring loaded pump would be the best to remove solder from through plating rather than braid or those squeezy pumps, but I suppose not everyone has them and even then they might not be 100% (although i've always found them to work well).

What did you both use?

And nice looknig build coi2001, love the carbon comp mojo :)

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

Costantino, check you pots!
If you use right angled ones, you must put them on the silk screen side, otherwise you'll got pin 1 and 3 inverted! In fact, you can put them on the solder side, but need to check pot pinout.
Also check your socketed IC's... this little inclination it's usual in this dual leaf sockets and can be solved sliding them a little in a pin 1 - pin 4 direction, just to prevent IC's loosing out from the sockets
Any way, congatullations for your build!

coi2001
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by coi2001 »

Scruffie wrote:I would think a spring loaded pump would be the best to remove solder from through plating rather than braid or those squeezy pumps, but I suppose not everyone has them and even then they might not be 100% (although i've always found them to work well).

What did you both use?

And nice looknig build coi2001, love the carbon comp mojo :)
I used a big Weller syringe pump, maybe too big for the job (?), and, as you say, the desoldering braid did not help much. As you may have guessed, the carb comp were used out of necessity rather then mojo
Costantino

coi2001
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by coi2001 »

Duckman wrote:Costantino, check you pots!
If you use right angled ones, you must put them on the silk screen side, otherwise you'll got pin 1 and 3 inverted! In fact, you can put them on the solder side, but need to check pot pinout.
Also check your socketed IC's... this little inclination it's usual in this dual leaf sockets and can be solved sliding them a little in a pin 1 - pin 4 direction, just to prevent IC's loosing out from the sockets
Any way, congatullations for your build!
Thank you for the warning, but the direction of the pots seems correct, i.e., the effect increases by turning them clockwise. I did not put them on the silk screen side because they would not fit over the ICs.

I am glad that the inclination of the sockets is usual with the dual leaf ones (I usually use the molded kind), I was starting to think that they were defective. Are you suggesting that I push the left side in or that I shift the pins in that direction?
thanks
Costantino

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

coi2001 wrote:the effect increases by turning them clockwise.
I rechecked and you're right: in this case, inverting the pots didn't have effect at all
coi2001 wrote:I did not put them on the silk screen side because they would not fit over the ICs.
I see in the pictures you use short legs pots. With long legs, you didn't have that problem, but it works any way.
coi2001 wrote:I am glad that the inclination of the sockets is usual with the dual leaf ones (I usually use the molded kind), I was starting to think that they were defective. Are you suggesting that I push the left side in or that I shift the pins in that direction?
Yes, molded ones offer less problems. When I get this problem, I just slide the IC a little from side to side (I mean from pin 1/8 to pin 4/5) and most of the times you can feel a subtle "click" on your fingers. In that moment, the IC can be pushed down all the way.

coi2001
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by coi2001 »

Duckman wrote:
coi2001 wrote:the effect increases by turning them clockwise.
I rechecked and you're right: in this case, inverting the pots didn't have effect at all
coi2001 wrote:I did not put them on the silk screen side because they would not fit over the ICs.
I see in the pictures you use short legs pots. With long legs, you didn't have that problem, but it works any way.
coi2001 wrote:I am glad that the inclination of the sockets is usual with the dual leaf ones (I usually use the molded kind), I was starting to think that they were defective. Are you suggesting that I push the left side in or that I shift the pins in that direction?
Yes, molded ones offer less problems. When I get this problem, I just slide the IC a little from side to side (I mean from pin 1/8 to pin 4/5) and most of the times you can feel a subtle "click" on your fingers. In that moment, the IC can be pushed down all the way.
Thank you, I'll try that
Regards

azrael
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by azrael »

hai guise.

what enclosures are you guys putting these in? I have mine fully populated, and I think I'll be trying to wire it up soon.
feasible for a 125B, including a manual control on the side?

ckyvick
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by ckyvick »

Ordered, cant wait to build this :applause:

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

azrael wrote:hai guise.

what enclosures are you guys putting these in? I have mine fully populated, and I think I'll be trying to wire it up soon.
feasible for a 125B, including a manual control on the side?
I don't know the dimensions of the 125B but I can give you the dimensions of the board - 81.2mm x 60.3mm Approximatley

It was built with the 1590BB in mind but it might fit I guess :hmmm:
ckyvick wrote:Ordered, cant wait to build this :applause:
:thumbsup Looking forward to seeing these finished builds.

ckyvick
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by ckyvick »

Scruffie wrote: :thumbsup Looking forward to seeing these finished builds.
I wish fsb had a pictures/show off your complete build section! There's so much knowledge here and therefore there must be so many freaking amazing builds that we cant even see and cream our pants over!!!

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: HIWATT motherfucker!

Post by phibes »

I want to start seeing some bad ass Bad Stone decals!
GuitarlCarl - "TGP = The Gear Polishers"

Image Ken

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

phibes wrote:I want to start seeing some bad ass Bad Stone decals!

Damn straight!

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phibes »

My hand is too big for that high five!

Image Ken

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

phibes wrote:My hand is too big for that high five!
Right click, "See picture", Ctrl + mouse wheel 'till it fits :lol: :thumbsup

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phibes »

High fived!!!!

Image Ken

azrael
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by azrael »

Scruffie wrote: It was built with the 1590BB in mind but it might fit I guess :hmmm:
it's about the exact width, and there's just enough room the switch. I think it can be done! I'm going to see if I can wire it up today after class. :D

timbo_93631
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Low wattage SE amps
Completed builds: Many many many true bypass and voicing mods on wahs.
A few BYOC kits and DS-1 mods and eventual murder then rebirth into an actually useful pedal, Bad Stone clone, various Rangemasters/SilconMasterBlaster, The worlds greatest gutted GCB-95 volume pedal conversion with various switching options for controlling amps. Repaired many tube amps, scratchbuilt Marshall 18 watt clone and Supro 1616t rebuild. Delays, fuzz, dirt, every Madbean project I could afford. I even manage to find time to make babies with my wife too!

Post by timbo_93631 »

I'm in too! Had to get the LM324's in a quantity, so I'll have some leftovers for anoyne who wants to pay $1 to cover the IC and the shipping in the US.
"I wish to be in the situation of non killing my balls bills, and life surprises." -Sinner
"Everyone gets their shorts in a twist over who polished the fenders. No one cares about who designed the engine..." -DougH

timbo_93631
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Low wattage SE amps
Completed builds: Many many many true bypass and voicing mods on wahs.
A few BYOC kits and DS-1 mods and eventual murder then rebirth into an actually useful pedal, Bad Stone clone, various Rangemasters/SilconMasterBlaster, The worlds greatest gutted GCB-95 volume pedal conversion with various switching options for controlling amps. Repaired many tube amps, scratchbuilt Marshall 18 watt clone and Supro 1616t rebuild. Delays, fuzz, dirt, every Madbean project I could afford. I even manage to find time to make babies with my wife too!

Post by timbo_93631 »

I noticed in the BOM that a 1.5uf Tantalum cap is specified for C13, but the cleaned up schematic shows 1uf. The other schematic, http://topopiccione.atspace.com/pjimage ... ne.sch.gif shows 1.5uf as well so I suppose that is going to be the correct value. Anyone know?
"I wish to be in the situation of non killing my balls bills, and life surprises." -Sinner
"Everyone gets their shorts in a twist over who polished the fenders. No one cares about who designed the engine..." -DougH

ckyvick
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by ckyvick »

1.5 tants are much more uncommon than 1.0uf electros, thats what im guessing