Have a source for Alpha PC mount pots?

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
noelgrassy
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: MOTS Magnatone & Trainwreck
Completed builds: Tonebender Mk II w/ 3 OC75's, Burns BuzzAround w/NKT 275,Rangemaster w/ OC44, Fuzz Face w/ SKS363's, CJOD, Harmonic Percolator w/2N404A & 2N3635(vintage correct box,sliding pots, 1%glass resistors),Stack-O-Dimes & Whipple Wahs,

Post by noelgrassy »

Image Does anyone here have a source for those little green Alpha pots that are PC mounting? Is there a reason you folks may not like using them? I thought about standardizing my FX builds and that was the first idea I wanted to persue.I know that they'll get abused but if stabilized [see Mackie mixers] correctly why couldn't they survive? Doesn't Cusack use a board mounted pot? His gear seams roadworthy to say the least. TIA, NG
Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. US Copyright Office

madbean
Information

Post by madbean »

Smallbear has them.

Deric
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Deric »

Quite a few builders use them. SmallBear has them in most stompbox values/tapers. Mouser has some too - not as nice of a selection though.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Ive said it, and I'll say it again.

From a functionality perspective (service/repair can be tougher) there's nothing wring with board mounted controls, jacks switches etc, u]Provided [/u]that they have a proper mechanical strain relief.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

noelgrassy
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: MOTS Magnatone & Trainwreck
Completed builds: Tonebender Mk II w/ 3 OC75's, Burns BuzzAround w/NKT 275,Rangemaster w/ OC44, Fuzz Face w/ SKS363's, CJOD, Harmonic Percolator w/2N404A & 2N3635(vintage correct box,sliding pots, 1%glass resistors),Stack-O-Dimes & Whipple Wahs,

Post by noelgrassy »

Cool, thanks you guys. I guess I didn't look closely at Small Bear's site. The pots at mouser don't appear to have the splined metal shaft. I'll dig into your suggestions a little deeper. NG
Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. US Copyright Office

Devi Ever
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Devi Ever »

16mm... really cheap : futurlec.com