Help identifying IC with "M9" embossed in a circle

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
Deaj
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Deaj »

I have an IC I'm using in one of my builds that I cannot identify. I'm not sure when I acquired it. The lettering on the top has been removed. The only distinguishing feature is a circle on the bottom of the chip with the characters "M9" embossed on the surface inside the circle. I tried to take pictures but my camera doesn't capture enough detail to be of any assistance. I'll see about borrowing a camera tomorrow to get some pics posted. In the meantime I figured I'd ask if anyone here knows of an IC with "M9" embossed on the bottom.

The closest sonic match I was able to make is the LF353P. The unknown IC is a touch more compressed and smoother highs. The LF353P is really close but not the same. I hope to be able to identify this IC as I'd like to use it in another build.

Any help is appreciated. :)