Anyone buy those NKT275 pairs on ebay?

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
bootle
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by bootle »

Just wondering if anyone took the plunge on a pair of those genuine NKT275s from the seller 'elitetone' on ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NKT275-Germani ... 1e7cfeb531

I bought a pair for someone who wants them in a Fuzz face I'm building for them.
I'd be very curious to hear about what readings they got from them, compared to the leakage described in the listing.

Please, I don't want to get into a discussion about 'mojo' or whether they are worth the money or not, it's boring and I'm not interested.
I really would just like to hear from someone who's actually bought some.

Mods, I wasn't sure where to put this post, so please feel free to move it.
I'm not buying or selling anything here, just hoping for some useful discussion about parts on sale somewhere else.
Apologies in advance if I've posted in the wrong section. :thumbsup

Gristlepig
Information
my favorite amplifier: Silvertone 1474

Post by Gristlepig »

Bump!

Anyone? I'm curious about these trannies as well. The case size and shape look legit, unlike the NKT's Dunlop used in the Fuzz Face.

beedotman
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by beedotman »

I bought some sets. Looks legit to me. Hfe and leakage are as seller described.

Greg
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Tophat Emplexador & Supreme 16.
Completed builds: LOTS..

Post by Greg »

Whether you believe the mojo or not.. those are some hard to get pieces now, and the seller sounds like he cares about what he's selling.
You can spend more than that buying untested trannies that end up useless.
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.

DiscoFreq
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by DiscoFreq »

The seller is David from Elite Tone pedals:
http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/elitetone
EffectsDatabase: http://www.effectsdatabase.com
22000 pedals, 4000 brands, 350 brand interviews
NAMM 2016: http://fxdb.org/namm

Gristlepig
Information

Post by Gristlepig »

Thanks for your responses.
Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger!

Gristlepig
Information

Post by Gristlepig »

I got mine. Haven't built them up yet, but they are indeed the real thing to my eyes.
Seller is super helpful and ships quick.

lordperruno
Information

Post by lordperruno »

Hey there !!!

I got one pair, and another pairs in the way. ok...at first look, and detailed look in strong light and a 30X magnifier glass, it seems to be the real deal. They have the correct shape and form, its the correct can for NKT200 -299 from newmarket, looks natural worn and aged, the hfe and leakage are consistent with the auction.

BUT, there was an element that woried me, the labeled numbers and letters in the metal are very week and soft. They fades so easily, that its enought to use the finger nail to take off al the ink letters. :shock: ...

In the other hand, i have a lot of germanium of diferent cain including a lot of Ac128, Ac 125...so i tried the same scratching in all of them, and nothin close to that happen. The letters are firm, very well printed, and just do not fade when scraching with the nail.

So, my question, its this a fake relabeled NKT275??? (from a NKT274, NKT273, japanese, etc) or in deed, the real one have the labeling process in the 60's that soft and easy to erase??

i really apreciatte you opinions. Thanks

jrod
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by jrod »

^^^I bought several pairs of these, too. I just tried your fingernail scratch test on the last pair I got and you're right! The print does scratch off very easily. I am going to contact the seller and see what he says.

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Ain't saying these are fake but I woud expect this to be happen if you silkscreen unprepered surface (age dirt/patina)

Hope Im wrong

meek
Information

Post by meek »

i also like to know more about this seller and the issue of the print commin off :applause:

jrod
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by jrod »

I heard back from the seller who stated that the print scratching off is due to the age of the transistors. Also, Minnesota, where the transistor are being shipped from has experienced the coldest winter there in 30 years. The stress of moving from the cold environment to warm post offices back out into cold mailboxes, etc. could contribute to the print easily scratching off. He confirmed the transistors authenticity and were purchased from a reputable source in the UK.

They look real to me after examining pictures of NKT275 loaded Fuzz Face pics on the net. Mine look exactly the same and don't appear to printed over any corrosion or patina or anything.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

I just bought a couple of NKT275 transistors from this seller on eBay last night:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NKT275-Germani ... AQ:US:1123
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Simon, these are not Newmarket transistors

lordperruno
Information

Post by lordperruno »

this its outrages..........the printing letters flake off was an issue, but, ok, the transistor are old and its totally possible...i buy it. BUT. Yerterday i got my second pair, and the seller labeled Q1 with 10ua of leakage (that mean a dream come true), but I used the geofex method to test the leak and giveme more than 400ua!!!!!!!!!...thats its useless for an fuzz face.

so the seller declare 10ua, the reality its 400ua....what happen here???

now, what suposses that ill do with just one transistor usable???....it seems that i have to buy two pairs to make one good....

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

if you have holded that transistor in your hand while taking measurements the reading goes off drastically

lordperruno
Information

Post by lordperruno »

I know....i made a circuit for testing, i never touch the transistor and for final reading i use a windows of 5 minutes to stabilization. in this case no matter how much time i wait, the readings of leack never goes under 1.1 volts that means more than 400ua of leackeage.....im sick of wasting my money.

beedotman
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by beedotman »

lordperruno wrote:thats its useless for an fuzz face.
have You tried this transistor in fuzz face circuit if it's really useless?
lordperruno wrote:so the seller declare 10ua, the reality its 400ua....what happen here???
leakage depends temperature, reading will be different at 20*C and 30*C...

beedotman
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by beedotman »

lordperruno wrote:im sick of wasting my money.
just contact seller and clarify this with him, maybe he will send You another one.
remember that those transistors have at least 40 years, so can fail from time to time... additionality seller can make mistakes as everybody

jrod
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by jrod »

By the way, the print is not "flaking off" any of the transistors I purchased from this seller. I had to scratch with my finder nail for any print to come off. Also, the couple of pairs I received matched the sellers measurements when measured with my Peak Atlas DCA55.