Anyone buy those NKT275 pairs on ebay?

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
lordperruno
Information

Post by lordperruno »

i think it that was a mistake...10uz to 400ua its too much ...any way...just waitign for te perfect pair...there a lot more to coming....just two will be the choosen ones..:O)

Any one with a sample mp3 with this NKT275 there????

regards.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

sinner wrote:Simon, these are not Newmarket transistors

When they arrive in the mail I'll test them with my Semiconductor Component Analyzer to see if they test out good, I'm keeping an open mind about them, will post my findings in this thread...... :thumbsup

Who knows, they may well turn out to be okay...... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

Shiny_Beast
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Shiny_Beast »

I Grabbed a pair. Glad to hear they are most likely legit. Haven't put them in anything yet.

jalmonsalmon
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by jalmonsalmon »

Yeah I grabbed a few of those, tested more or less what the seller claims and they worked great in a fuzz face... and they sound as what AM says... they are dark n smokey sounding ... compared to say a pair of ASX12D's that are really bright sounding...

-Fuzz on!

Gristlepig
Information
my favorite amplifier: Silvertone 1474

Post by Gristlepig »

Resurrecting a zombie thread... sorry

I bought about 5 pairs of these NKTs years ago. Gains and leakages were right on with the Peak meter, though I’ve always been somewhat suspicious of them.
I built a Fuzz Face a few years back on a Dallas Arbiter reproduction board, and they sounded quite nice.
I just pulled out a pair today, thinking I might whip up a Fuzz Face for sale.
I gave the printing a scratch with my fingernail and the “2” from “275” scratched right off. Hmmm... the package looks right, under strong magnification there isn’t any visable evidence of overprinting, but...

I just can’t in good concience sell a pedal claiming it has legit, old stock NKT275 in it unless I’m 100% sure of the transistors’ legitamacy.

They were purchased from Elite Tone. Looking back at the ebay profile they had a spate of neg feedback for non delivery and have since gone silent.

Anyone remember their expereinces with these transistors? I know there were some claims that they were fake, yet others claimed they were legit. I was convinced at the time. I have a vague recolection of taking a fingernail to one years ago and the printing held up.
But today’s expereince with my now “NKT 75” was a bit troubling.
Last edited by Gristlepig on 14 Mar 2018, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

Gristlepig
Information

Post by Gristlepig »

NKT 75...
Attachments
A75548E9-9827-481F-BAE0-FCA3ED53E66A.jpeg

Gristlepig
Information

Post by Gristlepig »

Bumpity bump...

Gristlepig
Information

Post by Gristlepig »

According to Analog Mike, the printing is wrong on them. And they are likely not legit.

Compared against other Newmarket transistors in my stash, the case looks right.
These are likely a more easily obtained NKT part, stripped and relabelled.

Aww, shucks.