Want 100K lin expression pedal (or cheap wah shell)

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
robinbowes
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by robinbowes »

I need a 100k lin expression pedal for my early edition DryBell V-1 Vibe Machine.

Anyone got or know a source of inexpensive expression pedal or wah shells in the UK?

R.

robinbowes
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by robinbowes »

I've just picked up a non-working Crybaby. Jeez, it's heavy.

I really need something lightweight as I'm going to have at least two of these on my board - one for my wah, and at least one expression pedal.

Can anyone recommend a lightweight pedal/shell?

R.

robinbowes
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by robinbowes »

So, I think I'm going to end up with multiple solutions for this.

I've got a few Chinese Vox Wah shells coming from prehistoric (they're aluminium, apparently, and therefore lighter than the usualk zinc shells) together with a HotPots II 100K pot.

I've also picked up a 100K linear pot that I hope will be a drop-in replacement for the B10K pot in my Roland EV-5 expression pedal. These are plastic and *much* lighter than the Crybaby shells.

I'll shake down all the stuff I need and post the rest on here when I've worked out what I'm keeping.

Cheers all.

R.

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

robinbowes wrote:I've also picked up a 100K linear pot that I hope will be a drop-in replacement for the B10K pot in my Roland EV-5 expression pedal. These are plastic and *much* lighter than the Crybaby shells.
Please post up a link to this part if it works out: I really like my EV-5 and have built several "remote wah" pedals using an expression pedal input jack to utilise the EV-5, but that 10k pot limits the number of circuits that can be used. I'd like to build a Colorsound inductorless wah which needs a 100kB.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

robinbowes
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by robinbowes »

This is the part: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/100k-andohm-m ... eter-jm74r

It is a perfect fit - exactly the same as the stock part except it has pcb-mount pins instead of solder tags, and the stock part has a slot in the end of the shaft.

It works fine as an expression pedal for the Vibe Machine but the sweep is not great ie. it doesn't go from min speed to max. I think I can live with that though.

R.

boblob
Breadboard Brother
Information
Completed builds: I've built clones of these:
Si and Ge Fuzz Face
Ampeg Scrambler
Vox Repeat Percussion
Big Muff triangle
Mosrite Fuzz Rite
Maestro Super Fuzz
MXR Distortion +
Rebote Digital Delay
Shin-Ei Companion

Post by boblob »

Nocentelli wrote:
robinbowes wrote:I've also picked up a 100K linear pot that I hope will be a drop-in replacement for the B10K pot in my Roland EV-5 expression pedal. These are plastic and *much* lighter than the Crybaby shells.
Please post up a link to this part if it works out: I really like my EV-5 and have built several "remote wah" pedals using an expression pedal input jack to utilise the EV-5, but that 10k pot limits the number of circuits that can be used. I'd like to build a Colorsound inductorless wah which needs a 100kB.
This is probably a bit after the fact, but Das Music Ding (in the wah parts section) sell the Bournes 100K wah pots that Stu Castledine recommends for Colorsound wahs. You can probably get them cheaper from Farnell or Mouser, but Music Ding supply them with the gear:

http://www.musikding.de/Replacement-pot-100k

I really wish you could get wah enclosures in the UK. I bought a couple from Mammoth in the US - $48 is not that cheap and I wound up paying about the same again in shipping and customs fees.