What to stock at Futurlec? (That's not at Tayda)

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
B3ar
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by B3ar »

I need to get a bunch of LDRs for projects, so I'm trying to see what else I should stock to justify my order. I normally do Tayda for my stock-ups, and I know a couple holes in their inventory, like 741s.

Anybody noticed other handy parts to have that Futurlec has that Tayda doesn't?

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

In all honesty I'd get the LDR's off eBay, you can get 50 for about £1.50 and they work great. Do a search for:

GL5516
GL5528
GL5537
GL5539
GL5549

And see who has the best prices. Here's one seller I've recently bought from

https://stores.ebay.com/goodelectronics ... mit=Search
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Another thing to beware with Futurlec....

EVERYTHING on their website is listed as "In Stock" however, that is far from the truth. EVERY TIME I have ordered from them, I had to wait because one or more of the items was NOT in stock even though the website clearly stated they were. :whappen:

PaulBass
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by PaulBass »

I would avoid Futurlec all ALL COSTS. They had me wait 6 weeks just to tell me the parts were not in stock. Tayda is hit or miss. they sell a lot of counterfeit semiconductors made in china. I got burned with some phony NE5532's. I avoid those sellers altogether now and buy everything at Digikey and Mouser