Where to find and recycle old parts  [found/sold]

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
dv8r601
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Peavey ranger 212

Post by dv8r601 »

I have been lucky a few times and stumbled upon old items loaded with tons of carbon comp , vintage trw maroon caps,a pleothra of 2sb 2sa ge transistors ...etc
I only remember the brands of the stuff. One was a 70s 8track HiFi tuner and tapedeck . the trw came out of a Curtis Mathis console TV with faux wood construction. I decided to start a thread bc I searched for a while and I got nothing.
So please if u recycle parts , let us know what you are scoring. What said score was contained in?
Thanks again

Ol Dirt McGurt Dex

dv8r601
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Peavey ranger 212

Post by dv8r601 »

So if your unclear, tell us where you've gotten rare gems of electronic mojo. We're looking for specific items that contain the most and best components that are ripe for the picking.

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

old CRT monitors often have maroon and orange drop caps a plenty...
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

coda-effects
Information
my favorite amplifier: Orange OR

Post by coda-effects »

I also suggest to look for old Hifi amplifier. A lot of people just throw away their 70s japanese amplifier here (Paris, France). A perfect way to find old chips (like JRC4558), resistors and other parts

Zipslack
Information

Post by Zipslack »

I once got about 6 PNP Ge transistors from an old Radio Shack "room intercom system" from the 70's that are perfect for a Fuzz Face...note to self: dig those things out of the box and use them! Also, I love old 8-tracks from the 70-80's as a cheap source of shielded wire. Some parts for my DIY Nixie tube power supply (MOSFET, inductor, HV caps) came from an old projection TV.

zombie_rock321
Information

Post by zombie_rock321 »

I've had good success with "Components lot" on eBay, some folk list stuff that they don't know about and if you zoom on the pictures you may hit gold.