Looking for a BOSS Vintage Silver Metal Thumbscrew

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
ddb Entertainment
Information

Post by ddb Entertainment »

Looking to acquire a vintage BOSS silver slotted thumbscrew. Someone jacked the thumbscrew off the one vintage pedal I own, a black label "long-dash" CE-2. :(

My first post. Not sure how this works. Paypal?

-ddb

ddb Entertainment
Information

After scouring the internet I see now why mine went missing. This seems to be the best place to ask. Thanks for looking.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Let me know when you find 2. Most happy to take one off your hands.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

PokeyPete
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by PokeyPete »

I probably shouldn't respond here because I do not have a legit source. But if a metal 'stainless steel' one would do as a temporary substitute (beats plastic),
check out Small Bear Electronics.
“No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another
good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err
if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught
only by himself has a fool for a master.”
–Hunter S. Thompson

ddb Entertainment
Information

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Let me know when you find 2. Most happy to take one off your hands.
Will do. [smilie=thumbup.gif]

ddb Entertainment
Information

PokeyPete wrote:I probably shouldn't respond here because I do not have a legit source. But if a metal 'stainless steel' one would do as a temporary substitute (beats plastic),
check out Small Bear Electronics.
According to BOSS "it is not uncommon to find this label on pedals with the black thumb screw. Used from 1977 to 1981" - http://www.bossarea.com/labels/labels.htm

I have a black thumb screw in it now. I'd really like to put an original metal slotted screw back in it.

ddb Entertainment
Information

Anyone willing to sell me their vintage BOSS slotted metal battery box thumb screw off one of their vintage BOSS pedals? Willing to pay $25 + $5 USPS first class shipping.

Anyone have one outside of the US of A? Drop a reply and let's negotiate!

lol, never thought I'd be negotiating for a SCREW but my CE-2 is mint and I have the original box with original price tag... $125.50 which was a lot of money in 1981... also have OCD...

ddb Entertainment
Information

No one?

I am thinking my best bet is to buy an inexpensive vintage BOSS pedal from Reverb, swap screws, resell...

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

ddb Entertainment wrote:
Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Let me know when you find 2. Most happy to take one off your hands.

My post was cynical.
Do not expect anyone woldwide be willing to devaluate his vintage pedal.

ddb Entertainment
Information

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:
ddb Entertainment wrote:

My post was cynical.
Do not expect anyone woldwide be willing to devaluate his vintage pedal.
I apologize for the misunderstanding. The BOSS CS-1 are inexpensive vintage pedals with metal thumbscrews. I figured $30 for a thumbscrew on a pedal worth $60 was pretty fair.

I was also hoping someone might have a box of old BOSS parts laying around. I have boxes of old stuff laying around but no extra metal thumbscrew. Found an old black plastic top thumbscrew though. :)

I didn't think a vintage metal thumbscrew would be hard to find and this seemed like a cool forum to ask for one. No need to be cynical or sarcastic. I'm not looking to make anyone angry.

Have a good one.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Excuse me for being cynical in that case :blackeye

In all years I've been fixing FX I have seen tremendous aomunts of posts, emails and PM's asking for knobs, battery doors and other pedal items which are always among the first to get lost and therefore about the last te be in spares boxes. That made me a littlle cynical. Your offer is generous though.

At the other hand, I once had one of these in a spares box. That was till I found out (one gotta learn one time) that this odd screw was supposed to be on my CE-2.
Just as well, If I dig real hard I should be able to find an old mail back where I was (very generously) offered 10 EUR for 4 Ibanez 9-series knobs (oroiginals, Not the reissues! They were supposed to be crap). When I declined mud slinging started, including a mail summing up all things that were suddenly wrong with my website. Other than that many remarks on me being anti social for having something availableb=ut unused and not willing to grant them to someone in need. Some people....... :roll: