Bare Foot Pedal(s)

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
Darth Florist
Information
my favorite amplifier: Hartke KM60
Completed builds: Repaired a wah-wah pedal for someone. Other than that - nothing! I had a lot of electronic components, but I lost 95% of them when my shed got flooded. I'm slowly replacing them

Post by Darth Florist »

I'm looking for a British source of "empty" (i.e. no internal electronics) Foot Pedals with a Rack & Pinion potentiometer actuator. I've searched the 'net, but, other than buying an existing effects pedal and ripping the guts out of it (expensive), I've got no-where. I'm going to need about 5 or 6 in the long-term, but I need one as soon as possible to make a Swell Pedal for my M400 Mellotron.
I like Stomp Boxes. I also like Pedals (which, to me, are different to Stomp Boxes) and Synthesisers (never say that with a lisp), BUT...

I LOVE MELLOTRONS!

I have an M400 Mellotron, serial number 360.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Foot Pedals with a Rack & Pinion potentiometer actuator

I assume that is what a non-native English speake would refer to as "a wah shell"? :oops:

When you'd give up the UK requirement I'd say there's a few European sources. Still it's probably cheaper buying some Behringers and, indeed, rip those guts.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

Darth Florist
Information
my favorite amplifier: Hartke KM60
Completed builds: Repaired a wah-wah pedal for someone. Other than that - nothing! I had a lot of electronic components, but I lost 95% of them when my shed got flooded. I'm slowly replacing them

Post by Darth Florist »

The term "Wah Shell" is new to me, but that's a Brit talking. There seems to have been a change in the terminology in the last decade or more. About 35 years ago, a pedal was something you put your foot on to change a parameter of some sort in an analogue fashion, e.g. a wah-wah, or a Phaser/Flanger or even volume. I don't know what they call this nowadays, IF it has a name. It looks like that a unit that comes into play by pressing a button with your foot is now called a PEDAL, which I find mystifying. Can anyone offer an explanation?
I'm asking for a "Rack and Pinion" pot actuator as it makes use of most (if not all) of the 270° of the pot, whereas the old method of pot actuation (at least all the ones I saw) was a lever mechanism that only got about 90° out of it.
I like Stomp Boxes. I also like Pedals (which, to me, are different to Stomp Boxes) and Synthesisers (never say that with a lisp), BUT...

I LOVE MELLOTRONS!

I have an M400 Mellotron, serial number 360.

JudgeMingus
Information
Completed builds: JH-1 renovation with mods for crisper tone
Tuner/Mute box with loop reverser (for Gilmour 'seagulls' wah effect)
Si Fuzz Face clone
Rat clone
Tonepad Rebote 2.5 echo
Phase 90 clone
MXR noise gate clone
Runoffgroove Professor Tweed
Distortion+ clone
OD250 clone
Fuzz Central Liquid Drive
MXR DynaComp clone
Orange Squeezer clone
Demeter Compulator clone
Skreddy Lunar Module clone
Dual-output buffers (derived from AMZ Super Buffer)
Several more under way!

Post by JudgeMingus »

I don't know how much a cheap wah pedal would cost you locally (I'm in Australia) but in case it is competitive with your market, Small Bear Electronics (http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/) sell a wah shell with rack for US$47.00 plus postage.

I have myself picked up electronically dead but mechanically sound wah pedals for less than that, though: it is probably worth checking out your local free classifieds and ebay.

EDIT: Another thought - wah pedals don't have a lot of physical range as they are intended for 'action' rather than precise setting and forgetting.
You might do better looking for a volume pedal to refit (Daphon and Proel both make cheap ones with rack and pinion pot drivers that are mechanically sound enough as long as you don't put your weight on them too heavily).

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

TAD has them, complete wah pedals actually
http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/shop_Su ... 2?cPath=94