Chinese 3PDT switches

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
A1full
Information

Post by A1full »

Hello I ask a question, the switch 3PDT, where I can know that the product is of good quality before buying? for the price, I do not think so! I have failed ..
Buy from Daier 20 units, and I have many problems, and I buy in Mammoth problems, eventually fail.
Anyone know of any Chinese seller that good?

roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

Well you are not alone,, I have no doubt somewhere on the planet someone makes good quality switches but I've never been able to find them. :scratch:

@ " roseblood11" Those are the common units which may well be the switches *A1full* already has and although they might look ok they are prone to fail,, Out of 20,, I've had half fail within a year.
If you pull them apart you will see they are very basic in design, just tabs of tin,, the rocker is very cheap brittle plastic which often breaks. which is about the worst possible switch action for a stomp pedal.
Phil.

Blitz Krieg
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Blitz Krieg »

phatt wrote:someone makes good quality switches but I've never been able to find them.
at what price point?

http://www.newsensor.com/ProductHighLig ... ProId=1476

A1full
Information

Post by A1full »

What is the difference with others? all look the same.
as knowing that work well? if the problem is with the months of use, they begin to malfunction.

A1full
Information

Post by A1full »

phatt wrote:Well you are not alone,, I have no doubt somewhere on the planet someone makes good quality switches but I've never been able to find them. :scratch:

@ " roseblood11" Those are the common units which may well be the switches *A1full* already has and although they might look ok they are prone to fail,, Out of 20,, I've had half fail within a year.
If you pull them apart you will see they are very basic in design, just tabs of tin,, the rocker is very cheap brittle plastic which often breaks. which is about the worst possible switch action for a stomp pedal.
Phil.
It's amazing but true, there is nothing to indicate which works well and what works badly. The problem is as you say, over time fail

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

Yep,, sadly you have no way of knowing how well they are made without pulling one apart to check.
The units *Blitz Krieg* linked to look different so maybe try a few and see how they perform.
meantime I'll see if I can dig up some old pictures of the inside of those cheap switches.
Phil.