Joyo Sweet Baby footswitch replacement

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
Mantaray14
Information

Post by Mantaray14 »

I have Joyo Sweet Baby which I finally modded to my liking (added a 1meg pot for the gain and changed the smd chip to OP275). As soon as I had this thing dang-near perfect...the footswitch falls apart!

I ordered the new footswitch (Alpha), but I am very leary of delsoldering components on these joyo pedals and these switches are pcb mounted. I've had a few solder pads practically disinegrate while trying. I do have a solder sucker I plan on using...can can anyone share any experiences, tips or tricks for desoldering components on delicate pcbs or replacing pcb stomp switches on a joyo in general?

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,

Rick

Mantaray14
Information

Post by Mantaray14 »

Just an update in case anyone else has this issue...I tried carefully getting the solder off the pads with a solder sucker and even a braid with flux. These suckers are in pretty tight and the pads are brittle. At that point I said screw it and broke out the dremel and just cut that sucker off. That seemed to do the trick!

mprall00
Information

Post by mprall00 »

Mine broke too right after I modded it...

But I was lucky and got it to come out fine with a solder sucker. I have another cheapo Chinese switch in there now just like the one that it came with. It was only $0.99 on ebay. We'll see how long this one lasts. Next time I am going to drill a new hole in the battery compartment area or put in in a new enclosure so it can fit a real switch...

How did you get a real footswitch into the thing? There wasn't enough depth in the enclosure to get a real sized switch it there...