having trouble finding a truly non shorting 3p4t rotary

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
scoop
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by scoop »

Hi, I am having a little trouble with this 3P4T rotary switch (“non-shorting”, or “break before make”), necessary for the XP-1000 build (it needs to break the connection every time so that it trips a voltage sensor). I've ordered "non shorting" rotaries from 2 different suppliers but they seem to be shorting both times! I even rigged it up to a volt meter to do a continuity test and it does not skip. Does anyone know of a 3p4t that will for sure trip?

scoop
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by scoop »

so crazy every single ebay listing for 3p4position switch has the fanned tracks but they all say "non shorting" , I thought I was going crazy but then I found the one like the kind I need in my failed projects pile:

As you can see the one on the right is fanned and the one on the left actually leaves spaces between the tracks and , where do I get these?