Custom Wound Inductors

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
FloPoeKo
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Reckmeyer-Modded Mesa Lonestar Classic

Post by FloPoeKo »

Hi everyone,

I don´t know if this is of interest to anyone or ok to post, but I thought I´d give it a shot:

For about three years I´ve been into winding inductor-coils for Wah-Wah-Pedals, mostly for private research and having something for the occasional mod I´m doing. I´ve come to a point where this shows some serious, useable and consistent results.
Since ferrite cores/bobbins have stacked up in my rack to a substantial stash I thought I might offer my inductors here (if that is ok for the forum).
Having in addition to the theoretical issues of coil-winding worked on a lot of real-world issues, for one thing I can wind coils to spec with a tolerance of less than 2% in the Inductance (say ±10mH for 520mH intended value) and about 10% in DC-Resistance (±2Ω for 18Ω of intended value).
Although I mainly use RM6 and the standard 18x11, 14x11 and 11x7 Cores, I´ve developed a little mounting-pcb that can accommodate most pinouts of current and past wah-models, but the whole endeavor is not limited to this type of pedal. If I know the footprint, pinout, inductance and DC-resistance needed, I think I can produce coils for almost any application and specification, one-offs and even small series for builders. I´ve attached a few pics...
If anyone is interested in such things, please send me a p.m. or drop me a question below...

Quick edit: Over all the technical stuff I totally forgot to mention that, yes, they actually sound pretty good, too. :roll:
Attachments
IMG_2888.JPG
IMG_2888.JPG (33.54 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
IMG_2897.JPG
IMG_2897.JPG (32.44 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
IMG_2893.JPG
IMG_2893.JPG (32.26 KiB) Viewed 1114 times