BC109 Source

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
nappyd@basamatic.com
Information

Post by nappyd@basamatic.com »

Hey guys. What do you recommend for a good supplier for BC109's. I can't seem to find any Motorola parts out there. Are the Multicomp BC109's any good? How many should I be prepared to buy to get a few within the right tolerances? I'm out to build up a couple colorsound overdrives.

thanks

nappyD

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

http://www.futurlec.com/TransGenBC.shtml Philips
Ebay
Cheaper in European ebay stores, because they are European type transistors (BC...)
Where tolerances are concerned, you should only take into account the suffix (A, B, C) which indicates the gain ranges.

Why not use metal can 2N2222 - US equivalent?
good luck hunting still!
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

allforone7
Information

Post by allforone7 »

I just ordered a ton of them from Futurlec; $.40 each. They have BC107, BC108, BC109, BC109C, and a ton of other metal can Si trannies. They also have a reference sheet on there (under the transistors section) that lists the transistors they sell and their relative gain ranges. Check it out, but be willing to wait for longer shipping times.

DrWhO
Information

Post by DrWhO »

allforone7 wrote:I just ordered a ton of them from Futurlec; $.40 each. They have BC107, BC108, BC109, BC109C, and a ton of other metal can Si trannies. They also have a reference sheet on there (under the transistors section) that lists the transistors they sell and their relative gain ranges. Check it out, but be willing to wait for longer shipping times.
does the Bc108 work? i was wondering because it says "Bc108 small signal" does it matter though?

and what should the gain on BC 108 so be?

Solidhex
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Solidhex »

modman wrote:http://www.futurlec.com/TransGenBC.shtml Philips
Ebay
Cheaper in European ebay stores, because they are European type transistors (BC...)
Where tolerances are concerned, you should only take into account the suffix (A, B, C) which indicates the gain ranges.

Why not use metal can 2N2222 - US equivalent?
good luck hunting still!
Yo

Yeah in most cases I like the metal can 2n2222's better than my bc109s. Sorry off topic but you might want to check it out...

--Brad