Hammond enclosure sources in UK

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

dtjesus wrote:Anybody knows where to buy hammond enclosures in UK? n i mean retail shops. dont mention maplin they never got anything in stock
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

I am using the Eddystone (by Hammond) cases which are produced in UK and are cheaper than the Hammond-types. RS-Components should have them for a reasonable price, otherwise you can order them at banzaieffects.

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

alteredsounds
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alteredsounds »

Maplins have the Eddystone range and are a good price because of the free shipping over £35 also Rapid have I think both Hammond and Eddystone, pretty sure Farnell do as well.

kierc
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vox Cambridge 30 R Twin
Completed builds: Clyde McCoy Wah with Whipple+Red Fasel inductor switch, Fuzz Face with own layout

Post by kierc »

What sort of quality are the Eddystone boxes from Maplin compared to the Hammonds? Do they sand up nicely?

rackham
Information

Post by rackham »

kierc wrote:What sort of quality are the Eddystone boxes from Maplin compared to the Hammonds? Do they sand up nicely?
Yup, pretty decent.

And the Maplin on Gloucester Road seems to always have the 2 sizes you'd want :D

alteredsounds
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alteredsounds »

rackham wrote:
kierc wrote:What sort of quality are the Eddystone boxes from Maplin compared to the Hammonds? Do they sand up nicely?
Yup, pretty decent.

And the Maplin on Gloucester Road seems to always have the 2 sizes you'd want :D
someone else in Bristol! :D

rackham
Information

Post by rackham »

Well, Weston but near enough. :D

(For non South-West UK residents, Weston-Super-Mare is to Bristol what Malibu is to Los Angeles 8) )

I work in the centre of Briz though, just about opposite the new 'Cabot Circus'.

So I can scamper up to Maplin on my lunch break if I'm really desperate for a component or something...

...only if I'm convinced that I can get the staff to understand what I want within the time-window I've got though :roll:

kierc
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vox Cambridge 30 R Twin
Completed builds: Clyde McCoy Wah with Whipple+Red Fasel inductor switch, Fuzz Face with own layout

Post by kierc »

rackham wrote:Well, Weston but near enough. :D

(For non South-West UK residents, Weston-Super-Mare is to Bristol what Malibu is to Los Angeles 8) )

I work in the centre of Briz though, just about opposite the new 'Cabot Circus'.

So I can scamper up to Maplin on my lunch break if I'm really desperate for a component or something...

...only if I'm convinced that I can get the staff to understand what I want within the time-window I've got though :roll:
Haha! know what thats like!! 3 people from Bristol then??? :D

alteredsounds
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alteredsounds »

lol

My work takes me to Worle quite alot, down the road from you :)