Dallas Arbiter - Treble Booster

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

Hi
has anyone got any pictures or schematic for this beastie - It was built in a fuzz face case but was painted red with black and silver number dial knobs if my memory serves me correctly. I remember it made a great police band receiver if you used a curly cord as an antenna - no guitar connected!
cheers
bajaman

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

I don´t know what you mean..... I only know the TremFace (Fet-based Tremolo) and the Treble/Bass face (Baxandall tone control) in the same case as a Fuzz Face.

Anyway, since the police changed from AM to FM it will not work as a police-receiver anymore.

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

I don´t know what you mean
Most unlike you Gottfried :shock: :shock: :shock:
I think it must be VERY rare - all I know is that it was housed in a red not grey fuzz face casing and had Treble Boost written on it. you could buy bothof them here in the late sixties - then they just disappeared from view when all the Ibanez and Boss pedals came onstream - I have not seen one ever again - somebody must know something about this rare beastie surely :( :cry: :wink: :wink:
bajaman

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

I am sure it can only be a mix-up or the work of the first NZ-bootweaker....

Fuzz Faces came in different colors... in red too... even the first series with NKT´s - you need to see guts ?

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.