Tycobrahe - Pedalflanger  [schematic]

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
spookybonus
Information

Post by spookybonus »

Whoismarykelly wrote:This is sort of curious. I have one but the entire PCB has been coated in a paint-like red substance. Maybe dipped in paint after it was wired with leads? Its weird that the one in this thread is not gooped like mine is.
weird, the only thing i can think of is that it is because this was a limited run of them that was supposedly tuned a little different, i think it said that it was closer to the vintage sound. having the board gooped seems like a bad idea, there are so many trim pots that you wouldn't have access to.
is yours a chicago iron blue box one?

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

there are so many trim pots that you wouldn't have access to
...........that is not bad thing :blackeye ...they should not be moved :wink:

let us see gooped one!!!

Boris

Whoismarykelly
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Whoismarykelly »

spookybonus wrote:
Whoismarykelly wrote:This is sort of curious. I have one but the entire PCB has been coated in a paint-like red substance. Maybe dipped in paint after it was wired with leads? Its weird that the one in this thread is not gooped like mine is.
weird, the only thing i can think of is that it is because this was a limited run of them that was supposedly tuned a little different, i think it said that it was closer to the vintage sound. having the board gooped seems like a bad idea, there are so many trim pots that you wouldn't have access to.
is yours a chicago iron blue box one?
The trim pots all have little stickers over the screwdriver adjustment to keep the paint out. Their PCBs have card contacts so they plug them in and calibrate on a test rig before wiring into the pedal so it can still be recalibrated. I seriously doubt there is any difference in the circuits. More likely that DAG asked for a custom color that they could charge an extra $200 for.

spookybonus
Information

Post by spookybonus »

totally, i would guess they sound the same too, it wouldn't make any sense to not tune them all the same.

spookybonus
Information

Post by spookybonus »

so here are the values of the IC's / Transistors i could make out...sadly a couple were sanded off and painted over it seems.

royceprinting.com/2006files/john/pedalflanger_parts%20copy.jpg

you can right click and view the image in full, but the only thing that seems to be cut off is the green circled "2N560 - 520"

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

:thumbsup thanks very much

Boris

spookybonus
Information

Post by spookybonus »

sure thing, hopefully those numbers check out...they were hard to read, it looks like they are all painted over to make them extra hard to make out.

cniers13
Information

Post by cniers13 »

Sorry for waking this forgotten thread :D but has anyone built one or gotten farther with the schematic?

Cybercow
Information

Post by Cybercow »

I know this is an old post, but I have one one of the original Tycobrahe Pedal Flanger pedals in for repair. The one with the MN3001 BBD. Does anyone have a schematic of this pedal that uses the MN3007 BBD? The MN3001 seems to have no output and impossible to locate.

And as a contribution to this Tycobrahe Pedal Flanger thread, I've found that the SN72L044 quad opamps in this pedal can be replaced with a pair of TL022 (8-pin DIP) dual-opamps - placed butt-to-butt. The SN72L044 is impossible to find; and a strange quad-opamp in that it has two independent power supply connections - one for each dual-opamp section. Turns out that two TL022 dual-opamps, (when placed butt-to-butt), match the pinout of the SN72L044 exactly.