HH electronics - Clockwork Concubine  [schematic]

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
GraveyardDude
Information

Post by GraveyardDude »

Anybody figure out how to make the 7 pin plug and where they cut got the parts?

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Obtaining a 7 pin DIN connector should not be that hard. Same for a chassis mount as the contra plug. As for the supply voltage, use anything over 13.6 volt and the bitch should start to sing. To get the lights on will take a higher voltage though
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

akestromer
Information

Post by akestromer »

I think I've finally figure it out.

View from front.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nSq20dKQ0AU/ ... clkwrk.jpg

I'll try to make more sense of it soon.

Danwarren
Information

Post by Danwarren »

Hey there, big thanks to Ake and Dirk for the information, don’t think I’d have got so this far so quickly without it 😊

I brought one last week for £20 in a junk shop and didn’t really know much about it. I’ve now run it off my bench supply and had a listen! All works good…

I was puzzled by what Dirk has tagged as V_OSC net and the third Zener, which made no sense to me as there was already a Zener and a negative voltage for the -ve of the split-rail.

On taking mine apart I could see that there Is no D2, and it looks like it was never fitted, I have what looks like a factory fitted mod wire soldered from D4 to the -ve of C10. So effectively just joins together nets VDD and V_OSC on Dirk's schematic. I wonder if I have a later unit and they realised the devices didn’t draw enough VDD current to justify having two negative Zeners?

My plan now is to internally fit a small buck/boost split rail module, feed a supply the rails directly with properly regulated DC, drill out and fit an 1/4 output jack and a normal +9vdc Input. Hell, I might even buy some 1/2w LEDs to make the logo light up as all those filament bulbs in mine gave up long ago....

Danwarren
Information

Post by Danwarren »

Have the pedal up and running now, I have salvaged an LED panel from a failed Audi number plate light to use in place of the 3x burned out filament bulbs

This is how I supplied power to it:

I have put my Clockwork Concubine Album on imgbb where the true extent of my bodging can be seen by all :lol:

It's quite a noisy pedal, IMO because the PCB ground point return routes of clocks/waveshapers share tracking with audio grounds, also741s have some poor audio parameters by modern standards...

Thanks again to Dirk et all for the massively helpful info in this thread :applause: