WEM - Project V

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby LaceSensor » 21 Nov 2013, 22:34

I built the vero it worked fine.

For this message the author LaceSensor has received thanks:
digi2t (22 Nov 2013, 01:24)
LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 13:01
Has thanked: 42 times
Have thanks: 241 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby capricorn_1 » 23 Nov 2013, 14:29

Thanks for the kind words RE the Warmjet V, there are a few changes from the original, mainly losing the 2 switches, and a few other changes that didn't dramatically alter the sound while I was playing around with the circuit initially, oh and no inductor!
Stu Castledine did the PCB layout, he did a great job I think, I have sold a few of these to DIYers who have asked however I am down to my last few and need to do another run of them, would be more than happy to sell them to anybody who is interested.

For this message the author capricorn_1 has received thanks: 3
astrobass (23 Nov 2013, 16:20), jrod (25 Nov 2013, 21:53), Nocentelli (23 Nov 2013, 15:42)
capricorn_1
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 00:03
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 5 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby Nocentelli » 23 Nov 2013, 15:41

capricorn_1 wrote:Stu Castledine did the PCB layout, he did a great job I think, I have sold a few of these to DIYers who have asked however I am down to my last few and need to do another run of them, would be more than happy to sell them to anybody who is interested.


I certainly am, and I'm sure many other would be. Please post on this thread when you have some available.
mmolteratx wrote:absolutely zero commercial use allowed. If I find anyone selling these, I'll fly to your house and kick you in the nads. And you may or may not find yourself in trouble.
User avatar
Nocentelli
Tube Twister
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 08:06
Location: Leeds, UK
Has thanked: 721 times
Have thanks: 700 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby astrobass » 23 Nov 2013, 17:46

Nocentelli wrote:
capricorn_1 wrote:Stu Castledine did the PCB layout, he did a great job I think, I have sold a few of these to DIYers who have asked however I am down to my last few and need to do another run of them, would be more than happy to sell them to anybody who is interested.


I certainly am, and I'm sure many other would be. Please post on this thread when you have some available.

Seconded!
astrobass
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 547
Joined: 02 Mar 2013, 02:30
Has thanked: 50 times
Have thanks: 71 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby capricorn_1 » 23 Nov 2013, 20:26

yeah will do, will probably be after xmas I would have thought.
Anybody else built one on tagboard?! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
capricorn_1
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 00:03
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 5 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby sinner » 24 Nov 2013, 00:27

capricorn_1 wrote:yeah will do, will probably be after xmas I would have thought.
Anybody else built one on tagboard?! :lol:



Challenge taken
sinner
Old Solderhand
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: 06 Nov 2008, 18:16
Location: ...no more
Has thanked: 1239 times
Have thanks: 1094 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby kaycee » 25 Nov 2013, 19:37

astrobass wrote:
Nocentelli wrote:
capricorn_1 wrote:Stu Castledine did the PCB layout, he did a great job I think, I have sold a few of these to DIYers who have asked however I am down to my last few and need to do another run of them, would be more than happy to sell them to anybody who is interested.


I certainly am, and I'm sure many other would be. Please post on this thread when you have some available.

Seconded!


Second, er.....seconded :D
User avatar
kaycee
Solder Soldier
 
Posts: 161
Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 19:04
Has thanked: 30 times
Have thanks: 13 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby jrod » 25 Nov 2013, 21:53

capricorn_1 wrote:Thanks for the kind words RE the Warmjet V, there are a few changes from the original, mainly losing the 2 switches, and a few other changes that didn't dramatically alter the sound while I was playing around with the circuit initially, oh and no inductor!
Stu Castledine did the PCB layout, he did a great job I think, I have sold a few of these to DIYers who have asked however I am down to my last few and need to do another run of them, would be more than happy to sell them to anybody who is interested.


Count me in!
jrod
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 415
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 15:24
Has thanked: 324 times
Have thanks: 39 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby capricorn_1 » 05 Jun 2014, 22:55

I have some on Ebay at the moment, I won't post the link as I don't want to be seen as spamming but if you do a search you'll find them!

For this message the author capricorn_1 has received thanks:
Nocentelli (05 Jun 2014, 23:55)
capricorn_1
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 00:03
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 5 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby lborl » 25 Oct 2016, 11:43

Hi. Sorry to necropost but I desperately want to build this fuzz - I love 'Baby's on Fire' - and I just had to sell my Tonebender on eBay. But I'm having trouble finding the 35th cut on the posted vero:
Image
I can just about make out that there's a cut each in the middle of VR1 and VR2, so at the minute I can see 34. Can anyone please help me find the last one?
lborl
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 17:37
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby turbonigro » 25 Oct 2016, 13:03

lborl wrote:Hi. Sorry to necropost but I desperately want to build this fuzz - I love 'Baby's on Fire' - and I just had to sell my Tonebender on eBay. But I'm having trouble finding the 35th cut on the posted vero:
[ Image ]
I can just about make out that there's a cut each in the middle of VR1 and VR2, so at the minute I can see 34. Can anyone please help me find the last one?


I have tried to figure it out and counting 35 cuts. I just suppose you are not seeing the cut in D13 (4th row 13th column)

For this message the author turbonigro has received thanks:
lborl (25 Oct 2016, 14:15)
turbonigro
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 28 Mar 2010, 13:24
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby lborl » 25 Oct 2016, 14:15

Ah-ha! Yes. Thank you so much!
lborl
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 17:37
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby digi2t » 26 Oct 2016, 16:43

Yes, that one is a bit hard to see. I'll make a note of it on the vero.

Thanks.
No matter how many times I cut it, it`s STILL too short!
digi2t
Degoop Doctor
 
Posts: 240
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 16:10
Has thanked: 50 times
Have thanks: 307 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby nightraven » 31 Dec 2016, 16:24

Well it's been a long time coming :lol:



Image
Image



Does anyone need voltages, or something? Or was this done & dusted 5 years ago? :mrgreen:

Haven't got a guitar here at the moment but I'll be able to report back on the sound in a few days, if anyone's interested

For this message the author nightraven has received thanks: 4
d312a (31 Dec 2016, 16:58), digi2t (21 Jan 2017, 02:40), jreeves47 (03 Jan 2017, 17:05), Nocentelli (31 Dec 2016, 16:43)
nightraven
TGP Refugee
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 21 Jul 2009, 19:38
Location: UK
Has thanked: 14 times
Have thanks: 57 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby capricorn_1 » 01 Jan 2017, 13:00

WOW! Nice one!
capricorn_1
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 21 Mar 2009, 00:03
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 5 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby digi2t » 03 Jan 2017, 02:52

WOW....cool.

Maybe double check all the component values vis-à-vis the published schematic? That would be nice. I think there was a bit of a fog where the caps and resistors around the switches are concerned. If you could publish the voltages for all the transistor pins, it could help determine transistor gains as well.

Very nice score. Good on you! Happy New Year.
No matter how many times I cut it, it`s STILL too short!
digi2t
Degoop Doctor
 
Posts: 240
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 16:10
Has thanked: 50 times
Have thanks: 307 times

Re: WEM - Project V

Postby tremelo68 » 17 Jan 2017, 14:18

Just built one from the vero but all I'm getting is motor boating. Must be missing something but I've scoured the solder joints and don't see any problems. If I turn VR2 way down, I lose the motor boating and get a distorted signal but none of the controls do anything (volume, attack and both switches)...

Taking a few days away and will take another look at it then.
tremelo68
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 May 2012, 15:38
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Previous

Return to Vintage Stompbox Corner ( ... - 1975)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, silverdog and 4 guests