Maestro - Fuzztain  [schematic]

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

attached is the Maestro Fuzztain Technical Service Manual. enjoy!
Attachments
FuzzTain MZFT-272A.pdf
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 393 times
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

yeeshkul
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by yeeshkul »

I've got an original unit and it is quite noisy - is it bound to be noisy like MFZ-1 (due to its design - massive resistors in feedback) or shall i look if there is something wrong?

candletears7
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by candletears7 »

I got one of these in and need to replace the switch. More hair/carpety shit/encrusted beer on there than I would have believed possible. Ewww. Anyone know which wire is what , or has anyone changed the switch in one of these? Im happy to post a pic of the pcb/socket assembly to the Carling switch, but thought i would ask first. :thumbsup

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

I'd never heard of this before, but came across a very at tagboardfx and thought I'd look for the schematic. The one RnFR posted seems to have vanished, so here it is again:
maestro_fuzztain.pdf
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 289 times
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...