Yerasov Goblin

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

MoreCowbell was posting up a bunch of links to Yerasov pedals, so I started looking around at the rest of the sight and found their amp section. This one caught my eye - it has some clever tricks and it's worth checking out. I love the attenuated output jacks labeled, "Day", "Evening", "Night".
Awesome.
Check it out!
http://www.yerasov.ru/PDF/goblin_10.pdf
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

MoreCowbell
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by MoreCowbell »

I looked around the amp section at Yerasov for a while, but all the ones I pullled up just had the "owners manual" in PDF, no schematics...evidentally I missed this one ! Good catch Martin .

I'll have to look this one over...Yerasov definitely has some clever tricks incorporated in their designs.

JHS
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by JHS »

For downdoading the schem use the obove link. I did and it worked as it should.

I spotted some nice circuit tricks in the schem.

IMHO the output attenuator is pure crap. It converts the tubeamp to cheap, muddy and undefined stompbox sound, 'cos the tubes get no voltage feedback from the speaker anymore when the output is attenuated in this way. A grid voltage controller is way better for amp attenuation than this solution.

JHS

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

JHS wrote:... A grid voltage controller is way better for amp attenuation than this solution.
Do you mean turning down the Screen Grid voltage to pinch off the amount of current flowing through the output tube? I haven't seen that done before. It sounds like an interesting idea - better than reducing the plate voltage. Could you please explain it further? I would like to learn more about this technique.

Thanks!
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

MoreCowbell
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by MoreCowbell »

JHS wrote:For downdoading the schem use the obove link. I did and it worked as it should.
Yeah, I was referring to my "initial" time looking around the site, before any of the schematics were posted. I looked through amp stuff, but didnt find this schematic...just owners manuals in PDF form...so I'm glad SS posted it ! :)