VOX AC15 [JMI] Replica Layout and schematic

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

I guess I forgot to post it here

60's era AC15 CLEAR schematic and replica layout

Not verified

Thanks to The Amp Garage dudes for all help they give me while doing this layout

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

This is why I love this place. You doing free shit first time ever available to public, and always can count on constructive conversation.

Often I wonder - why to bother, I could keep that crap for myself or sell the shit outta it on ebay instead

I'm not asking for licking my balls for it, I'm not doing my layouts for glory, but this is a forum for fuck sake, place to share opinions, to discuss. Most of the topics I've started stays unanswered, many times I did something first time available for free and this usually takes time - days, weeks, or months like with the one above - blinding myself with shitty, blury pictures, it involves number of conversations with other people...

Crap... fukit, I am flustrated person, enjoy anyway

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Hi Sinner, just want to say I honestly really appreciate these amp pdfs that you share with us mate..... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

I know Simon, and I appreciate your friendship, but you know what I'm talking about :hug:

Dr Nomis
Information
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by Dr Nomis »

Ok, So you don't mind if I lick your balls? :horsey:

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

just suck gently ;)

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Gawd that was easy. Odd how much one looks at an avatar picture to recognize a user. Sorry for abusing your photo Simon. I had to try :wink:

OT,
I have found in the past that when posting work that you spend hours or days on could lead to 0 comments. Meanwhile you see the download or times read counter speed up. When one is in for the compliments posting stuff is really dissatisfying.

Other than that, great work Sinner. This, as well as your AC30 stuff, was material I was searching my ass off for some 20 years ago.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote: I have found in the past that when posting work that you spend hours or days on could lead to 0 comments. Meanwhile you see the download or times read counter speed up. When one is in for the compliments posting stuff is really dissatisfying.
This is why I don't blame you (nor Bajaman) for not posting new stuff. So many times I said to myself, fukit, that's it, no more. But I still feel like I owe a lot to the community (this, and TAG), so I keep coming back with new stuff

joeboo88
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: orange 30r
Completed builds: way huge lama, its8, eternity, ppp800, dod250, zendrive,colorsound overdriver, timmy,bluesbreaker

Post by joeboo88 »

A Happy new year to you Sinner.
I was wondering what the heck you were talking about? But i figured that people down loaded your great stuff, and your "thank meter never went up"
I feel you and some others go unappreciated some times, although i must have built 6 or maybe 8 of your layouts. TONE BENDERS! I finally got your Zonk
to sound the way it should sound (trannies). Its funny i put that zonk against the 3 tone bender mk2's (your layouts and Beetdotmans too) and it just kick their ass.
You go to such pains to make the layout look so good with the graphics and everything.
You know my wife even knows who you are, sometimes i read her some of the stuff you posted, she just gives me a weird look, because she doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about, but you know your respected here.
Thanks for putting this AC15 layout....although i could have used it 1 year ago, i built a lightning 15 which is a bare bones AC15 I guess. I did want to go with an
AC15 layout but couldn't find much at the time, plus I'm an amp Newbie, but i still look at your AC30 layout and.... dream if i only had some extra dough :hug:
Ebay is a fucker ~ Sinner - If this is something unique, then I'm a teletubbie ~also Sinner

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

Dr Nomis wrote:Ok, So you don't mind if I lick your balls? :horsey:

Hey who is responsible for this message?, I didn't post it......... :scratch: :whappen:
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Read my post a little back Simon. Even you don't recognize when being faked and use your avatar to identify your own posts :secret:

@ Sinner,
Me not posting stuff is more related to having not created anything over the last months. Occupied with other stuff which has little to do with effects, electronics or music.

Edit;
Not completely. While having done little soldering for a while I did get myself a Hammond 290MX transformer (And a 1750V as well) for an AC30 like setup. In the first, experimentous, phases I started off with the power supply and heaters. Where the Hammonds datasheet claims the 6.3 volts winding should be able to do 6 Amps the voltage dropped to 5.8 already at a not eve 2 amp load (only 2*El84 vand a ECC83) only to drop to 5.5 when adding 2 more EL84's. That made me drop all in a dark corner for a while.

joeboo88
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: orange 30r
Completed builds: way huge lama, its8, eternity, ppp800, dod250, zendrive,colorsound overdriver, timmy,bluesbreaker

Post by joeboo88 »

Ha Ha ....i thought it weird that Simon would answer like that, until Dirk Corrected us, he even put your age as 44 and you had no thanks...good one Dirk :mrgreen:
Ebay is a fucker ~ Sinner - If this is something unique, then I'm a teletubbie ~also Sinner

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Read my post a little back Simon. Even you don't recognize when being faked and use your avatar to identify your own posts :secret:

Arghhhhhhh!!!!!....what a wally I am......(cue epic face-palm moment).... :slap:

Okay Dirk, you definitely got me a beauty that time.......... :lol: :thumbsup

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Gawd that was easy. Odd how much one looks at an avatar picture to recognize a user. Sorry for abusing your photo Simon. I had to try :wink:

That's okay, I took it in good humor anyway....... :thumbsup

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

joeboo88 wrote: I was wondering what the heck you were talking about? But i figured that people down loaded your great stuff, and your "thank meter never went up"

No matey, you have missed the point. Fuk the thank meter, I'm against it myself - it's like look, I'm on top of the 'thanks' list, and I'm a fucking nobody. No EE background whatsoever (I'm a medic), I'm learning - fast, but still. I'm a noob. I wouldn't mind if my thank meter would be reduced to zero, I would be happy if so, I just feel it's unfair to people like R.G Keen, phatt, and many others whom knows their shit. In what in the great fuck I'm better than these dudes?

What I'm saying is, what's happen to FSB's reason of existence? Where's learning process, technical discussion. I was so happy to see what's happen in my Univibe topic, people came back with new info, ideas, historical background, honestly - I had an boner watching that tread.

I'm a long time member and I love this place, I'm sad to see it's dying. Cocks? Sluts, fake Devi's vagina - we are on top of the range to carry conversations about that. Something interesting, new (I'm not saying VOX crap is new), innovative (rarely in pedal world, but happens) goes quickly forgotten. There is no live discussion over here any longer, and that's pisses me off

BTW Dirk, good job ;)

Dirk Hendrik
Information

Post by Dirk Hendrik »

DrNomis wrote:
Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Gawd that was easy. Odd how much one looks at an avatar picture to recognize a user. Sorry for abusing your photo Simon. I had to try :wink:

So do you mind if I lick his balls or what?

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

Dirk Hendrik wrote:
DrNomis wrote:

So do you mind if I lick his balls or what?

Lol.....it's strictly between you and Sinner, if he has no problem with that then.....*shrugs*......... :lol:

Sinner, you're a much respected long time member of this great forum, and it's what you do and your contributions to it that make it great....... :thumbsup

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

sinner wrote: There is no live discussion over here any longer, and that's pisses me off
I hear ye.
I can only speak for myself but for a large extend, I gave up. When this place started, as well as in the first years after that there was indeed discussion which lead to people developing themselves. Learning to understand why things work and why certain concepts were abandoned. Cool stuff happening.

But it is very hard to explain the concept of, as an example, the use of absolute mojo components and why do do not add anything to your sound when, exactly a topic later a group is wanking themselves on a hand wired fuzz using only absolute mojo stuff. It is very hard explaining how a given device can be built with exactly the same sound quality but with a higher reliability and no wait lists when in the same thread people are wanking emselves on the (for god sake) "beautiful wiring" which (definitely took 2-3 hours extra).

In essence, people developing, innovation, creativity etc?
Most don't want to learn. What they want is another TGP where they can post their newest toy and collect compliments.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Add to the last sentence above:
Dquimirojr wrote:Hi, Could you tell me how you make the true bypass mod to your ts9dx
When reading this for the 1001-th time it's the same thing. C-mon, do a little searching and at least "try" to understand the concept of bypassing a circuit with a switch. How difficult can it be? If you're willing to learn...

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

I get your point, and I do know it's often PITA, but look. When I joined FSB in late 2008 I knew absolutely nothing about anything. I couldn't read schematic, etc. That day I just bought tremolus lune PCB and wanted to build it (never did). I'm not saying I'm a master mind, but I'm a proof that the FSB used to work. I'm not sure if it works right now

I shouldn't bitchin' really, I'm more into amps recently, and most of my free time I'm spending on other, amp orientated forum, but like I've said, I love this place and I demand the spirit back