good tube amp without pre-amp

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

hi all, im just looking for a small simple tube amp schematic, without the pre-amp just amp, cause i want mi guitar signal the clearer and natural possible without any filter on it....

does anyone can help me??

dwmorrin
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dwmorrin »

It's not clear what you're looking for.
On the one hand, it appears you're asking for a tube power amp schematic. This implies that the input will be line level.
On the other hand, perhaps you want an amp with a "guitar" input but without any EQ controls.

My first tube amp build was a Fender Champ 5C1.
Here's the schematic:
http://www.thevintagesound.com/ffg/sche ... _schem.gif
It's simple, it works, and all the components are easily obtained. I built mine in just two evening sessions, as I recall.
I built it as a head, and it was a very nice sound with a 12" speaker.

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

copachino wrote:hi all, im just looking for a small simple tube amp schematic, without the pre-amp just amp, cause i want mi guitar signal the clearer and natural possible without any filter on it....

It doesn't work that way, homie

copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

[quote="dwmorrin"]It's not clear what you're looking for.

On the other hand, perhaps you want an amp with a "guitar" input but without any EQ controls.

quote]

yes i was looking for somithing like that

copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

i was looking for something like this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie ... nobloc-amp

astrobass
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by astrobass »

If you don't want your guitar's tone to be affected by the amp, your best bet is actually a highly linear solid state amplifier. Those are still always going to apply some colouration because nothing in life is free, but as far as taking an input signal and making it louder with the maximum accuracy possible, tubes suck at that.

Which is of course why people like the way they sound.

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

google is your friend here ;-)
be kind to all animals - especially human beings

dwmorrin
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dwmorrin »

You're still confusing me. :scratch:

The Marshall head you linked to will only accept line input. You're sure that's what you want? That's about 20x the signal strength of what you're passive guitar pickups put out.

Also, that Marshall would probably fall under the category of "BIG" for most people. You said you wanted a "small" amp in the first post. Please define "small." If that Marshall head is "small," then I can't imagine what your "BIG" is. :lol:

So you want a Marshall amp? OK, pick an amp that fits your power needs, pull up the schematic, and if you're stumped on where the "power amp" input is, then we can help.
The schematic for the Marshall you linked to is available, if that's the amp you want. Follow bajaman's suggestion.

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Here's one I found in my collection, don't know what it is or where I got it from though :D
Power amplifier EL34.pdf
(62.13 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

:popcorn:

copachino - grow up or stop trolling

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

copachino wrote: cause i want mi guitar signal the clearer and natural possible without any filter on it....
You obviously have never tried plugging your guitar into a hifi amp and speakers.
Yes, save yourself a load of time and trouble and get a proper guitar amp with all the necessary filtering and colouration, guitar amps are not hifi for very good reasons.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

hgamal
Information

Post by hgamal »

copachino wrote:hi all, im just looking for a small simple tube amp schematic, without the pre-amp just amp, cause i want mi guitar signal the clearer and natural possible without any filter on it....
This document is written in a strange language (sorry I write better portuguese than english), but I think all schematics and data are quite universal - google translator can help you too.

http://www.gamal.com.br/iall/iall-10.5- ... bnotes.pdf

This is an example of small power amp (10 watts). It is pretty tested. I (and some people in Brazil) had built some... But remember, I take no responsibility about the final results of your build!

Take care to high voltages the circuit involves!

kajol
Information

Post by kajol »

In the event that you don't need your guitar's tone to be influenced by the amp, your most solid option is really an exceedingly direct strong state intensifier. Those are still continually going to apply some coloration since nothing in life is free, yet to the extent taking an info flag and making it more intense with the most extreme exactness potential, tubes suck at that.
Electrical Design Training

plush
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by plush »

kajol wrote:In the event that you don't need your guitar's tone to be influenced by the amp, your most solid option is really an exceedingly direct strong state intensifier. Those are still continually going to apply some coloration since nothing in life is free, yet to the extent taking an info flag and making it more intense with the most extreme exactness potential, tubes suck at that.
Electrical Design Training
What is this nonsence? New sort of spam?

snofla1900
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by snofla1900 »

He may use a ECL86 tube (or ECL82 ) which has a builtin triode ( which can serve as a preamp)

tonyharker
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tonyharker »

Yeah spam