Re-housed a Peavey Audition Chorus in a homemade cabinet

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
ksandbergfl
Information

Post by ksandbergfl »

Hi all,
I had a Peavey Audition Chorus laying around... It is a mid-1980's amp, 20W stereo (10W per side) with 6" speakers. It is about the size of a very big lunchbox.

I got a Epiphone Sheraton for Christmas, in natural finish, and it sounded really good thru the Peavey. I got the idea to try to put the Peavey "head" into a natural finish cabinet, to try to match the guitar. I puttered around with it for the last 5 months, a few hours at a time... Finally completed the project last weekend.

It came out pretty good.... The Auditon Chorus really benefits from a bigger cabinet with bigger speakers. I used some 8" Radio Shack speakers that I had laying around.

While I was focusing on a "jazz chorus" vibe, the amp also can do a nice dirty blues...

My point in sharing the pics/video is to maybe inspire someone to do the same, or better. These old Peavey amps are very easy to "mod"" in this way. I hope you enjoy it... I hope to see lots more mods like this one from YOU guys!

Pics and video are here:

ksandbergfl
Information

Post by ksandbergfl »

[attachment=1]image.jpeg[/attachment
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (21.77 KiB) Viewed 845 times
image.jpeg

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Nice job.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...