Relay signal switching

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
hallucin
Information

Post by hallucin »

Hello there,
I'm experimenting something with 2 separated one channel amps...
Can somebody help me with relay signal switcing pcb?

I need circut (or pcb will be better) with relay based switching audio beetween clean and drive like almost all 2 channel amps have.
So circut needs to have also 2 LEDS (red and green) that indicate is it clean or drive channel active. Also, it needs to be controled over 2 switch's. One on chasis, and one for footswitch (if its connected).
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

Probably all doable,,, except having panel switches on both amps as well as the remote could prove to be a problem. :scratch: :hmmm:
I'm sure there are many options and some here have done similar projects.
I'd just use an A/B box cause you are going to know by ear which Amp is engaged.
Phil.

hallucin
Information

Post by hallucin »

Phil, thanks for quick answer.

Seems like I didnt describe it on right way (my bad) so I draw it.

So "amp 1" and "amp 2" will be mounted in one chasis together and there will be only one front panel on "guitar amp".

There is guitar input connected to pcb and output to desired amp is controlled by relay, pressing switch or footswitch.
When switch or footswitch is pressed, it activate amp 2 and green led, and turns off amp 1 and red led.

Is there similar pcb that someone already made or can somebody help me with pcb? :scratch:
Thanks.
Dejan.
Attachments
scheme.png
scheme.png (4.45 KiB) Viewed 1081 times

FiveseveN
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by FiveseveN »

Just look at the schematic of some 2-channel amps. It can be as simple as a SPDT relay and a dollar's worth of control circuitry.
There is guitar input connected to pcb and output to desired amp is controlled by relay
No, you'd want to switch the output. Input can be easily split. Also I hope we're talking preamp outputs here. Switching between tube power amps is quite a bit more involved, since you can't just leave the outputs floating. But are they tube amps? Will they share a power amp? Who knows? You've bare given us any information.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)

hallucin
Information

Post by hallucin »

FiveseveN wrote: Just look at the schematic of some 2-channel amps. It can be as simple as a SPDT relay and a dollar's worth of control circuitry.
You got point. My bad. I mean low signal preamp output. Not power output ofc. So I talk about preamp signal. IN my case to describe; I have 2 jcm800 preamps that are single chanel connected both to power amp. so ill put them in one box and I want to use one for clean one for drive. but need to have some relay switch signal from one to other preamp with simple spdt in front panel,footswitch and led indicators. Its important to be relay switched. Did anybody now understand me? :applause: FML and my English spelling. :slap:

can I use maybe this circut or something similar?
btw. thanks for willing to help me. :)