Friedman BE 100 cloned boards

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
brejna
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by brejna »

Good to here this.. Do you have any buildocs and buildreports?

Cheers
Brane

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Class 2 —
Dedicated Service Electronic Products: Includes communications equipment, sophisticated business machines, and instruments where high performance and extended life is required, and for which uninterrupted service
is desired, but is not critical. Certain cosmetic imperfections are allowed

Source: IPC-A-600G

Question:
What did you do in your design process to ensure this Class 2 rating you gave your board??
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Thanks for the explanation. I know. I spent quite some time in IPC standards. G is obsolete btw. We're at J now ;)
But it seems you fail to see the essence of the IPC classification. You define the class. After that this IPC standard will help you to verify the constraints for that class are met. Therefore a board cannot be class 1, 2 or 3. It's manufactured to comply with the constraints set for a specifc class. It's a nuance but an important one.

Let me give you an example:
In your application would the use of FR1 (that's the brown stuff) base material do? I'd say no since the environment for FR1 in your application is rather harsh. Especially when it comes to temperature characteristics. Now, try to find any mention in your G standard of the use of FR1 type base material. It's not even there. Paragraph 2.2 may suggest one needs epoxy woven base material but does not set it as a requirement. Therefore an FR1 board can be used for a class 1,2 or 3 device. Would you do so for your application?

So, The IPC classification helps you to design and manufacture according a class standard but does not make the board that class. It matches all applicable constraints for that class.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

Are these available ?

bc108
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: BE100

Post by bc108 »