First amp build

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!

First amp build

Postby Rauch » 13 Jul 2019, 22:14

Hi everyone I want a build a Soldano HR50 I was cloning pedals 3-4 times and I need an amp now so I decided to build one.Can anyone help to me about How I need (turret board transistor etc.) ?
Or any advice ? ( Like do this amp first etc)
Rauch

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: First amp build

Postby ppluis0 » 14 Jul 2019, 02:45

Hi Rauch,

If you not have training dealing with the dangerous voltages present inside a tube amp chassis my advice is that don't try build these kind of circuits yet.

Perhaps look for an transistor amp that sound good to your tastes and clone it.

Cheers.
Jose
ppluis0
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 90 times

Postby Rauch » 14 Jul 2019, 08:15

ppluis0 wrote:Hi Rauch,

If you not have training dealing with the dangerous voltages present inside a tube amp chassis my advice is that don't try build these kind of circuits yet.

Perhaps look for an transistor amp that sound good to your tastes and clone it.

Cheers.
Jose

I cant find any like transistor amp Schematic if its exist of course I build transistor amp first I play Heavy and Death metal can you send me a example for transistor amp please ? . Thanks

Rauch
Rauch

Postby alexradium » 14 Jul 2019, 09:48

the Jet City 50w is a hotrod,for less than what you would pay in parts alone and better made for sure.
alexradium
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 65 times

Postby Rauch » 14 Jul 2019, 15:36

alexradium wrote:the Jet City 50w is a hotrod,for less than what you would pay in parts alone and better made for sure.

Thank you for advice Its a good amp but Im from Turkey and These amp 400€ (2600 TL) ( minimum salary 2000 TL) So its little expensive for me.And I want build myself for fun and hobby
Rauch

Postby thetragichero » 16 Jul 2019, 01:22

starting with a solid state amp would be a good low voltage project (albeit a bit harder to debug since everybody and their brother tinkers with tube amps). it ain't gonna be a cheap compared to buying an old used peavey or randall, but far be it from me to try to discourage a fun project.

have you looked into what sort of power transformers you can source? i don't know how it is in your country, but i can average an old electronic organ or two per month free off Craigslist or out of someone's trash. besides generally having GREAT speakers for guitar (along with leslie units, old bbd chips, reverb tanks, etc) they've got power transformers, power transistors, and metal chassis that could be put to good use in guitar amps. I've yet to find one with the proper 40409/40410 driver chips and they can be costly (20-something bucks for two matched pairs with heatsinks on ebay), but I've gotten a lot of great things that have basically been discarded for trash (including three or four LIFETIMES' worth of wire!)

see what sort of power situation is easy to get your hands on and then the rest is figuring out what you can build. the plus side is that you could end up with a clone of a rare/vintage/expensive head for little money if you're patient (sunn beta bass head i am working on and off on will cost me about fifty bucks and a few months' worth of Sundays for an amp that sells used for $700+. seeing as it is part learning experience, I'm not upset about the time sink)
thetragichero
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 14 times

Return to Amplifiers