Komet amps

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
noelgrassy
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: MOTS Magnatone & Trainwreck
Completed builds: Tonebender Mk II w/ 3 OC75's, Burns BuzzAround w/NKT 275,Rangemaster w/ OC44, Fuzz Face w/ SKS363's, CJOD, Harmonic Percolator w/2N404A & 2N3635(vintage correct box,sliding pots, 1%glass resistors),Stack-O-Dimes & Whipple Wahs,

Post by noelgrassy »

Bajaman, Those pics are of the original amp. Mine is still in the preliminary stages of chassis hole punching & board fabbing. I'm doing everything humanly possible not to stray from the original in order to have a reasonably accurate benchmark.

Little niggles like the actual length of the stainless steel standoffs had to be guessed at using dimensions of the 80uf Mallory caps under the power supply board.I'm going on the premiss that the filament leads are pushed to the back of the amp and flat like a Marshall would have them. (I'm mean I don't see them anywhere...) Layout dimensions for the components were given to me by one of the fine folks at Ampgarage.
When the brain is done I have to fab the cabinet. I'm trying to picture how I'll cut the kerfs/mortises in the mitered joints that eventually recieve typical small gold piping after the Tolex is applied. Possibly a jig for the table saw can be devised that allows one to rotate the cab nimbley over the saw blade.
Yeah, yikes.
A finger tally before & after is on my must do list.
Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. US Copyright Office

roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

Most links are dead. Can anybody upload the schematics and layouts as attachements, please?

marshmellow
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by marshmellow »

I drew the schematic based on the layout. For more info go to ampgarage.com, there is everything Trainwreck related.
Attachments
asteroid.pdf
(413.84 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
asteroid_layout_12_107.pdf
(121.91 KiB) Downloaded 191 times