Diezel VH4 Topic

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
bela lugosi
Information

Post by bela lugosi »

hi
it´s possible to make a klone of a diezel vh4

is there some schematic?

defaced
Information

Post by defaced »

There is a whole topic on a forum I frequent devoted to this amp. To my knowledge, no one had fully reversed it. IMO, it's not worth the time, it sounds bad.

bela lugosi
Information

Post by bela lugosi »

Diefet?
it´s not the same

defaced
Information

Post by defaced »

Nope. SLOClone.

bela lugosi
Information

Post by bela lugosi »

could you put the link topic?

CHEEZOR
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by CHEEZOR »

defaced wrote:IMO, it's not worth the time, it sounds bad.
Agreed. I don't want to discourage anyone from building one, but before you do, either play one or listen to all the demos on youtube. I Really like the band Tool and their guitarist uses one of these, but all the demos I saw on youtube sounded terrible. My amp sounds much better than that (to my ears) and it was a LOT cheaper.

Again, I don't mean to discourage anyone, but don't want one just cuz someone you like uses one. :)

kdmay
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by kdmay »

I used to own a Diezel Herbert and tried the VH4 prior to purchasing. (Sold it to buy a local Aussie made plexi replica with a usable master as 180w was simply too much for a bedroom rocker like me).

Please don't judge the VH4 without trying it - it's perhaps one of the most refined "modern" amps out there. Peter over-engineers everything and the sound clarity is amazing. I agree with not buying one just because someone plays it, but there are many pro musicians using them and Peter does not give ANY amps away - they have all paid full ticket.

I'm sure a schematic probably exists somewhere, but when I cracked my Herbert open it was very complex (lots of midi switching etc etc), so wouldn't be an easy clone......

Good luck though - I would be interested to learn the circuit, so please share if you find it!!

bela lugosi
Information

Post by bela lugosi »

thanks for your answers

Namenlos
Information

Post by Namenlos »

kdmay wrote:I used to own a Diezel Herbert and tried the VH4 prior to purchasing. (Sold it to buy a local Aussie made plexi replica with a usable master as 180w was simply too much for a bedroom rocker like me).

Please don't judge the VH4 without trying it - it's perhaps one of the most refined "modern" amps out there. Peter over-engineers everything and the sound clarity is amazing. I agree with not buying one just because someone plays it, but there are many pro musicians using them and Peter does not give ANY amps away - they have all paid full ticket.

I'm sure a schematic probably exists somewhere, but when I cracked my Herbert open it was very complex (lots of midi switching etc etc), so wouldn't be an easy clone......

Good luck though - I would be interested to learn the circuit, so please share if you find it!!
If you have your Herbert open the next time make pictures and post them in the Sloclone Forum they will put the information together and can give you a picture of the circuit. If you post both PCB sides they will make you an quite accurate schematic.

defaced
Information

Post by defaced »

That's a good start, but it takes alot more than board pics to get an accurate schematic. If you really want an accurate schematic, we need values and part numbers - basically a full BOM - all in addition to very clear board pics - both sides. Reversing an amp is not easy, especially high gain channel switchers.

kdmay
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by kdmay »

Unfortunately I sold the Herbert, which sometimes I regret, but it was the right decision. So no shots I'm afraid.

Their website does have some brief gut shots, but not nearly enough to trace.

http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/tech-corner.3.0.html

If only I had enough coin to accumulate gear, as opposed to trading to fund new GAS!!

marcus262
Information

Post by marcus262 »

Hi,

I have found the diezel vh4 schematic on some russian forum,
so if someone needs it, here it is.
Attachments
Diezel schematic.rar
(210.39 KiB) Downloaded 304 times