Two-Rock and Carvin Belair

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

I like to play really loud, so I'll keep my eye out for some Fanes. I've seen some kind of reissue, but I don't know much about them...

noelgrassy
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: MOTS Magnatone & Trainwreck
Completed builds: Tonebender Mk II w/ 3 OC75's, Burns BuzzAround w/NKT 275,Rangemaster w/ OC44, Fuzz Face w/ SKS363's, CJOD, Harmonic Percolator w/2N404A & 2N3635(vintage correct box,sliding pots, 1%glass resistors),Stack-O-Dimes & Whipple Wahs,

Post by noelgrassy »

So true bajaman, speakers can make or break an amp's sound. IIRC, HAD sold his speaker cabs with the EVM12L in them. I don't believe those sre made anymore so what's the Two-Rock guys selling there cabs with? Speaking of Fanes, I have a 12" one that's heavily chromed and the magnet weighs a freaking ton! Has anyone seen these chrome jobs before?
Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. US Copyright Office

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

The only Fanes I've ever seen had blue frames.

I'm pretty sure you can still get that EV - I believe they are currently selling it as a ridiculous looking Zakk Wylde model. Damn, I wish he'd just go away. I met him once a while back before he decided to do the surly biker tough guy persona... when I met him he looked all hippie and was playing mellow acoustic music. He was pretty cool back then and a nice guy to talk to, but now he just looks like a meathead 'roid freak.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

azza1
Information

Post by azza1 »

I got these of the net some time ago, don't know who took them though. Very heavily dumble inspired (cloned)

Signature Model

Custom Reverb

seniorLoco
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by seniorLoco »

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it saved the mice, who ate the cheese."