Bjorn (BJFE/MP/Bearfoot) on why gooping isn't bad:

Anything non-technical you want to talk about, talk it over and have beer ...

Re: Bjorn (BJFE/MP/Bearfoot) on why gooping isn't bad:

Postby tube-exorcist » 02 Feb 2017, 11:41

Never buy a gooped pedal.....
"I've noticed there's an inverse relationship between cost of gear and talent. If you need the most expensive gear to get decent tones, then you suck as a player."
tube-exorcist
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 75 times

Postby Dirk_Hendrik » 02 Feb 2017, 18:11

And especially not when it's gooped for the excuse of not taking water very well. :scratch:
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com
Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 983 times

Postby BJF » 03 Feb 2017, 05:26

Hi There ,

Yes I see it should have read currently no pcbs pedals designed by me and manufactured by MP are gooped.

I don't feel it is necessary.

However on the designs that MP make and that are not designed by me, they do as they please...

Why do you think that is?

Have fun
BJ
BJF Electronics
Sweden
BJF
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 52 times

Postby tube-exorcist » 03 Feb 2017, 11:01

BJF wrote:....

Because goopers are suckers who want to hide that in reality there is nothing worth to hide.

Now let's talk for example about the "Money Flee"....
"I've noticed there's an inverse relationship between cost of gear and talent. If you need the most expensive gear to get decent tones, then you suck as a player."
tube-exorcist
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 75 times

Postby BJF » 04 Jun 2017, 08:51

tube-exorcist wrote:
BJF wrote:....

Because goopers are suckers who want to hide that in reality there is nothing worth to hide.

Now let's talk for example about the "Money Flee"....

HI there,

Well note that BJF designs made by MP are not gooped. As I write this BJF has left MP amplification ltd. While MP will continue making the BJF designs they have made since 2002, they will largely concentrate on the designs of their new team and these designs are by MP being considered so novel that likely many of them will be gooped in order to protect their novelty, so also with Simble- you can of course read what Lassi says about the Simble that he had a revelation in how to alter the circuit to get the results he wanted……and then what could be a proven D-style overdrive circuit?
Trick question: does it matter if a clamper is incorporated in position R1 or R2 in a basic noninverting amplifier with the following expression : A= R1+R2/R1 ?

A basic difference in regards to the topic is that for BJF it would seem good to have the designs made documented whereas for MP it might not, largely because MP has trademarked the product names and would like to be able to phase out the influence of BJF on MP products to a point where BJF designs would appear to have never existed in MP products….traced schematics would at this point be an obstacle for MP unless tracing is done at a point where MP can say the circuits are all original MP.

In order to ease things BJF has left all circuits of BJF design ever made by MP with MP to do as they please with them.

So in answer to the question why some MP products are gooped-specifically products not designed by BJF, it is because MP feel they need to protect the novelty of their new designs……

It is worth noting that the BJF design philosophy of that it matters less what kind of circuit is used as long as the sound and functions of the sound is achieved is now replaced with MP to each product having a novel technologhy in order for it to live up to the reputation of MP amplification and so the new Big Tweedy has as forte a new kind of technologhy of making overdrive circuits according to MP something I neither can nor have inclination to verify and likewise the DBD now Dual Blue Delay that is to replace Deep Blue Delay has a superior algorithm for delay generation according to MP and the amplifier OS21 now receives a tube tremolo to replace the OP -amp phase oscillator driving a photocell and I guess to some tubes are superior to IC’s regardless of the function they perform…

At your service
BJ
BJF Electronics
Sweden
BJF
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 52 times

Postby Ice-9 » 30 Jun 2017, 20:37

Hi Bjorn,

Good info regarding the difference between BJF an MP. I always thought of MP being just yourself as a developer and builder, forgive me for asking but was it a buy out type of thing or has it always been a separate business ?
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?
Ice-9
Diode Debunker

Have thanks: 331 times

Postby Timpanogos Slim » 22 Aug 2017, 17:49

I have been tinkering with electronics for 30 years, and one thing that is clear is that when it comes to discrete circuits and things you can do with logic chips, there is nothing new under the sun. Most of the people who think they have been especially clever have just re-invented something that was published in a magazine in the 1970's if not earlier.

Effects are a small enough market that i doubt many are going to extreme measures, but a little goop isn't going to slow down an actual competitor willing to invest a couple hundred bucks and a day or so to the effort.

What i hate is people who grind the markings off of chips.
Timpanogos Slim

Have thanks: 2 times

Previous

Return to Freestomp Café!