Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Anything non-technical you want to talk about, talk it over and have beer ...

Moderators: culturejam, moderators

  • Advertisement

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Dirk_Hendrik » 17 Jun 2009, 17:51

Paul Marossy wrote:Discofreq has more than you do?! Holy mackerel. :shock:


Far more ;)

Paul Marossy wrote:Unemployment sucks, sorry you are in the same boat. :(


Nope. Sorry you are in it.
The welfare system here is rather good, as are the lump sums (or whatever that's called)...(40-something percent went to taxes though). Not that I want to be in the welfare system for long as it is quite a cutback but still, it's pretty live-able. Other than that the reasons for getting unemployed are none to be ashamed of and therefore, so far the welfare guys are more than friendly, especially when you do more than is required and all job applications you write do match up to their criteriria (so no sollicifuckups). Main problem is that you have to hunt after every application you do because it doesn't seem anyone is really interested in hiring. Open vacancy or not. Reluctancy all over the place. Annoying.
But, even while doing that, it still leaves me plenty of time doing other stuff that was postponed for years. Driving licence (paid as part of my lay off terms , tax deductable for the company so no loss for them, large bonus for me) (No driving licence!? Nope, public transportation or bicycle is far easier in Amsterdam), more important is a series of dentist appointments to fix some neglected but "growing" damage over the last few years. Not nice at the start but the results are rewarding. (And; I finally found a dentist whe is not into SM or other variations of sadism, a relief)

As well as still having plenty of time to do some fx related stuff that has been on my mind for ages but always lacked (quality) time.

But for the company lurkers; Paul, Dirk and UZILSD (JonnyPerez too? )are for hire, be quick or they're taken by your competitor! :horsey:

Go well Paul, keep me updated.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com
User avatar
Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
 
Posts: 3664
Joined: 03 Jul 2007, 09:44
Location: Old Amsterdam
Has thanked: 199 times
Have thanks: 750 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Paul Marossy » 17 Jun 2009, 19:08

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:
Paul Marossy wrote:Discofreq has more than you do?! Holy mackerel. :shock:


Far more ;)

Paul Marossy wrote:Unemployment sucks, sorry you are in the same boat. :(


Nope. Sorry you are in it.
The welfare system here is rather good, as are the lump sums (or whatever that's called)...(40-something percent went to taxes though). Not that I want to be in the welfare system for long as it is quite a cutback but still, it's pretty live-able. Other than that the reasons for getting unemployed are none to be ashamed of and therefore, so far the welfare guys are more than friendly, especially when you do more than is required and all job applications you write do match up to their criteriria (so no sollicifuckups). Main problem is that you have to hunt after every application you do because it doesn't seem anyone is really interested in hiring. Open vacancy or not. Reluctancy all over the place. Annoying.
But, even while doing that, it still leaves me plenty of time doing other stuff that was postponed for years. Driving licence (paid as part of my lay off terms , tax deductable for the company so no loss for them, large bonus for me) (No driving licence!? Nope, public transportation or bicycle is far easier in Amsterdam), more important is a series of dentist appointments to fix some neglected but "growing" damage over the last few years. Not nice at the start but the results are rewarding. (And; I finally found a dentist whe is not into SM or other variations of sadism, a relief)

As well as still having plenty of time to do some fx related stuff that has been on my mind for ages but always lacked (quality) time.

But for the company lurkers; Paul, Dirk and UZILSD (JonnyPerez too? )are for hire, be quick or they're taken by your competitor! :horsey:

Go well Paul, keep me updated.



Unfortunately, here in America, I have too much money in the bank to qualify for Welfare, or foodstamps or Medicaid. I have to keep a certain amount in the bank because of the uncertainty of the near future (first/last mo. rent in case we lose house, etc.) In order for them to help you, you have to like completely and utterly destitute.

I have been making a little money building pedals for two small companies, doing my own pedals mods & repairs, but that won't pay the bills at this point. The unemployment that I do get (which will run out in three months) is only about 20% of what I was making when I was working as an HVAC designer at a local consulting engineering firm. Pretty pathetic. That's what I get after busting my rear for twenty years. :blackeye
User avatar
Paul Marossy
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 125
Joined: 29 May 2009, 02:46
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 3 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby DiscoFreq » 17 Jun 2009, 20:42

I refuse to answer! Too much work... :mrgreen:
EffectsDatabase: http://www.effectsdatabase.com
20000 pedals, 3000 brands, 350 brand interviews
NAMM 2014: http://www.effectsdatabase.com/events/namm/2014
User avatar
DiscoFreq
Resistor Ronker
 
Posts: 412
Joined: 13 Aug 2007, 11:56
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 20 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby frequencycentral » 17 Jun 2009, 20:55

Fuzzer wrote:
What the fuck???, I'm gonna ban youuuu!!!

[smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif] [smilie=thefinger.gif]


:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

back at ya..........[smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif] [smilie=thefinger.gif]
User avatar
frequencycentral
Cap Cooler
 
Posts: 694
Joined: 30 Mar 2009, 10:37
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 27 times
Have thanks: 60 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby UZILSD » 17 Jun 2009, 22:39

Ah I forgot this:

Image

That's a DIY phaser based on the P90, massively modded expecially in the LFO section. There's even a 4PDT toggle that switch the capacitors to Univibe's values.

Despite it derives from the P90, I modeled it to sound as close as possible like my vintage Small Stone... the key difference is in the LFO rather than the sound processing circuit. The Univibe mode is quite cool but a true Univibe with incandenscence bulb LFO is another world.

These are the vintage ones (for my standards they are):

Image


The DIY ZVEXeys (fuzz factory is waiting for finish)

Image


The autograph of Roger Mayer on the Axis. It's always a pleasure to have a connetion to Jimi Hendrix. This was a gift from a very good friend of mine, the one who runs and builds the Mad Cat amplifiers.

Image
UZILSD
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 98
Joined: 23 Mar 2009, 22:40
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Dr. Molly » 18 Jun 2009, 11:51

Hi

Some EH pedals!
Image
Dr. Molly
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 18:31
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby UZILSD » 18 Jun 2009, 12:31

Dr. Molly wrote:Hi

Some EH pedals!


Holy shit!!!
5 electric mistress... are you a collector ain't ya?
EH always had my respect. Which are your favourite ones of the bunch?
UZILSD
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 98
Joined: 23 Mar 2009, 22:40
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Dr. Molly » 21 Jun 2009, 11:32

Holy shit!!!
5 electric mistress... are you a collector ain't ya?
EH always had my respect. Which are your favourite ones of the bunch?



Hi
Of the Electric mistress'es or the whole lot? :D I think I'll pick the Clone theory(both versions), Graphic fuzz, Big Muff, Octave Multiplexer.
Collector ....nah I try to use as much of the stuff as I can. Some of the stuff has been moded (bypass, unity gain issues, new caps). I don't really mind if the paint is a bit scratched of if the wires are of the right make.

Dr. Molly
Dr. Molly
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 18:31
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Samba pa ti » 07 Aug 2009, 19:37

got a few guitars, only got pics of 2-3 online

heres my tokai > http://jiggawoo.boldlygoingnowhere.org/tokai

and my new fender > http://jiggawoo.boldlygoingnowhere.org/fender

and some pics of an ongoing project strat (strat wiring diagram for my reference) > http://jiggawoo.boldlygoingnowhere.org/gitar the paisley is staying, just need a new neck and im waiting for the pups to come (custom shop 69's).

heres my telecaster from myspace, dont have hires pics of it, its my fav guitar though.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... c3ad2e.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... b37338.jpg

its got a dimarzio super distortion 2 (80's one) in the neck, and a fender nocaster reissue in the bridge, i also put strat saddles on it, kept the old saddles of course, i just like the vintage saddles better.
Samba pa ti
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 28 Apr 2009, 01:43
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby RnFR » 07 Aug 2009, 20:10

i always liked those silver stars. always thought the black on black ones with the rosewood fretboards were cool.

oh, and nice ghostbusters poster. :D
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO
User avatar
RnFR
Old Solderhand
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 07:02
Location: Inner Earth
Has thanked: 137 times
Have thanks: 163 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby abfackeln » 08 Aug 2009, 02:41

OK.... finally got moved into the new house and have room to set all my stuff up (rather than stuffed in closets, under beds, etc). Incidentally, building the Marshall was where I got my start in DIY, which led to my current pedal fever..... and even the guitar stand is DIY.

Guitars:
Tokai Love Rock w/ Gibson '57 Classic p'ups (currently my favorite of the group)
Gibson Les Paul 40th Anniv.
Fender Mex Strat (with Tex Spec p'ups)
Univox Hi-Flier
Epiphone Sorrento w/ added Bigsby
Rickenbacker copy bass
Gibson 71 Les Paul Custom (not pictured - currently undergoing a full restoration)

Image

Amps:
Home-built Marshall 18w clone with Celestion Blue's (w/ 50's DeArmond Tremolo Control for added vibe)
Gibson Skylark GA5T

Image

Image

Pedals: (mostly DIY from here)
BYOC Analog delay
The "Watery Wuss" AP clone
GGG Phase 45 (originally with the "vibe" mod, but since undone)
BYOC Ultimate Fuzz with full-on Beavis mods
Tone Bender MKII Professional clone
Fuzz Factory clone
Vox wah recently rebuilt using bajaman's Wizard Wah tutorial w/ added Foxrox buffer
Klon Klone
Zendrive clone
OCD clone
TS808 re-issue (modded with "Keely" mods)
SHO clone
"Honk Box" (Way Huge Tone Leper, with board from Mr Huge)
Sho-Bud volume pedal (built like a tank)

Image

I definitely need a bigger board and another PS....

And still a bunch more shit in boxes.... I hate moving....
Image
User avatar
abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
 
Posts: 489
Joined: 11 Mar 2008, 10:58
Location: 36.232337, -80.293743
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 39 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Greg » 08 Aug 2009, 03:02

Nice gear abfackeln !
All your stuff is so well finished.
That Klon is a clone ? Looks real.

Here's my latest addition.. and I blame modman. During the FSB downtime we had a little while ago I got bored and started looking at guitars on Ebay.
I've loved these things since they were released, and I couldn't resist this one with the one piece top..
It's a sweet guitar and weighs in at just over 5 pounds... they're a full Hollowbody with just a solid piece of wood under the bridge.


Image
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.
User avatar
Greg
FSB Moderator
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 10:35
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 69 times
Have thanks: 180 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Samba pa ti » 08 Aug 2009, 08:10

Greg_G wrote:Nice gear abfackeln !
All your stuff is so well finished.
That Klon is a clone ? Looks real.

Here's my latest addition.. and I blame modman. During the FSB downtime we had a little while ago I got bored and started looking at guitars on Ebay.
I've loved these things since they were released, and I couldn't resist this one with the one piece top..
It's a sweet guitar and weighs in at just over 5 pounds... they're a full Hollowbody with just a solid piece of wood under the bridge.


Image


love the inlays, looks like birds or somthing
Samba pa ti
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 28 Apr 2009, 01:43
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Greg » 08 Aug 2009, 08:34

Samba pa ti wrote:
love the inlays, looks like birds or somthing


Yeah, the bird inlays are a PRS feature or option on a lot of their models.
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.
User avatar
Greg
FSB Moderator
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 10:35
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 69 times
Have thanks: 180 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby abfackeln » 08 Aug 2009, 11:42

Thanks Greg_G, but I'm totally green with envy - that's one hot guitar you've got there. I've been lusting after one of those for years! I even like how the picture gets a little blurred around the edges, like those pics in the old Playboys..... somehow seems appropriate.
Image
User avatar
abfackeln
Degoop Doctor
 
Posts: 489
Joined: 11 Mar 2008, 10:58
Location: 36.232337, -80.293743
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 39 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Brad J » 10 Aug 2009, 08:12

Nice Ibanez collection Dirk, I was on a 8 series hunt for a long time, till it got to the more rare and expensive end of it.

here was the last lot I sold:

Image

Not pictured here but I also had a TS-808 (with the TL4558 chip) and another AD-80.
Brad J
 

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Brad J » 10 Aug 2009, 08:21

My current gear (this week anyway :) )

Guitars:
Jimmie Vaughan sig Strat
Fender E series Jap. strat
Edwards 98LTC
Washburn HB35 (1984)
2 Homebrew Tele's
Hoppus sig Bass (it was shell pink and is string thru, don't hate me :) )

Amps:
Ceriatone JTM45
Fender Vibroclone (rebuilt Super Reverb)
Fender Champ 12
Epi Valve jr

Effects:
Lots, most of the ones on the boutique forum that I have yet to clone, once I do, off they go :wink:
Brad J
 

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby Greg » 10 Aug 2009, 08:44

abfackeln wrote:Thanks Greg_G, but I'm totally green with envy - that's one hot guitar you've got there. I've been lusting after one of those for years! I even like how the picture gets a little blurred around the edges, like those pics in the old Playboys..... somehow seems appropriate.


hehe.. guitar porn with a little Vaseline around the edges of the lens..
:mrgreen:
culturejam wrote: We are equal opportunity exposure artists.
User avatar
Greg
FSB Moderator
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 10:35
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 69 times
Have thanks: 180 times

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby squrl » 15 Aug 2009, 16:09

keyboards:
fender rhodes 88 mark II (1980)
fender rhodes 88 suitcase (1976)
fender rhodes 73 stage (1974?)
wurlitzer 200 (1969?)
yamaha CP70B (1978)
baldwin electro-acoustic spinnet
korg polysix
roland rs-02
korg ms2000
nord electro rack
yamaha vss30 x 3
diy modular (in progress...)

amps:
fender twin silverface (1976?)
ampeg gemini I, 12" (1966)
univox U45B (mid-60s)
heit solid-state amp (mid-70s?)
fender tube PA head (1978)
stromberg-carlson tube PA head (1952?) - modified
avatar 2x12 cabinet
fender 2x12 cabinet

effects:
many :wink:

i've also got a shitty no name electric and a gibson knock-off bass from the 70's.
squrl
Breadboard Brother
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 15 Aug 2007, 21:52
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Guitars and Gear. What av yer got?

Postby lolbou » 18 Aug 2009, 19:25

The gear should be crash-tested before actually being sold, this would avoid unreliability issues!

Quite risky to perform it after, but now, you know... :D
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.
User avatar
lolbou
FSB Moderator
 
Posts: 2549
Joined: 18 Nov 2008, 22:38
Has thanked: 279 times
Have thanks: 177 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Freestomp Café!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests