wish me luck

Anything non-technical you want to talk about, talk it over and have beer ...

wish me luck

Postby Nocentelli » 16 Jan 2015, 23:05

I'm breadboarding the maestro fs+h tonight. For maybe the tenth time in five years. I do it on a biannual basis and it never fucking works.

What circuits have you miserably failed to master?
mmolteratx wrote:absolutely zero commercial use allowed. If I find anyone selling these, I'll fly to your house and kick you in the nads. And you may or may not find yourself in trouble.
Nocentelli
Tube Twister

Have thanks: 808 times

Re: wish me luck

Postby joe_pineapple » 16 Jan 2015, 23:40

Haha! Good luck Noncentelli. [smilie=cactus_man.gif]

I've had numerous repeat failures, most memorable being a rash of compressors: the Orange Squeezer, the Demeter Compulator and the Rothwell Love Squeeze.
"..the finished product is just the garbage left over from the work." R.G. Keen
joe_pineapple
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby tabbycat » 17 Jan 2015, 01:04

best of luck with your venture, nocentelli. just searched gootube to hear what you were making and came across this

Link

if you didn't know it existed already it may be useful.

my grandest fail was an ibanez standard fuzz. though my fails are legion.

i fluked my univox superfuzz, got away with murder for a first build. totally outrageous that it ever fired up at all really.
with the ibanez i thought 'this time i'll do it properly instead of just rushing into it, creating a wire and solder bolognese and hoping for the best'. so i scrubbed the board so it would be super-clean and shiny for soldering. spent ages arranging all the bits on the vero so everything fitted exactly and looked d*a*m neat. micro 'city of the future'. cleanest soldering i have ever done in my life. little shiny beads of silver perfection all over. silversmithing standard.
when i finished, i was so pleased with it i thought i would post it in the standard fuzz thread here, as a specimen of a perfect finished board.

at which point i noticed that the copper strips on the non-component side had a much more 'up and down' look to them instead of the usual 'side-to-side'. almost elusively 'up and down' in fact, with none of that all-important 'side to side' stuff at all. shame...

may post it here one day, if i can find it. i think i mislaid it somewhere i must remember to forget.

of course now you've publicly declared this personal challenge you have left yourself wide-open to everyone posting 'how's it going, nocentelli?' and 'not finished it yet, nocentelli?' and 'we're still waiting, nocentelli..?' all weekend, while you quietly have a nervous breakdown...

watch this space...
"be a good animal, true to your instincts" (d.h. lawrence).
"there is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion" (francis bacon).
"ni dieu ni maître" (anarchist slogan).
tabbycat
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 63 times

Postby Nocentelli » 17 Jan 2015, 16:11

mmolteratx wrote:absolutely zero commercial use allowed. If I find anyone selling these, I'll fly to your house and kick you in the nads. And you may or may not find yourself in trouble.
Nocentelli
Tube Twister

Have thanks: 808 times

Postby karul » 17 Jan 2015, 18:15

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
karul
Solder Soldier

Have thanks: 142 times

Postby tabbycat » 26 Jan 2015, 23:14

Nocentelli wrote:i don't believe it

hey nocentelli, just caught up with this. congrats on whupping the maestro after multiple setbacks, and in double-quick time.
you underestimate yourself i suspect. enjoy the toy, it's a freaky thing.
"be a good animal, true to your instincts" (d.h. lawrence).
"there is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion" (francis bacon).
"ni dieu ni maître" (anarchist slogan).
tabbycat
Cap Cooler

Have thanks: 63 times

Return to Freestomp Café!