dr boogie

Anything non-technical you want to talk about, talk it over and have beer ...

dr boogie

Postby caburron1ero » 13 Apr 2015, 23:34

hi fsboxes,can the dr boogie pedal be made the other way ,with valves that is,i ve heard the drb on youtube,sounds like those early digitech multieffects.the article on fetzers on runofgroove.com says so.what modification can take place.thanks
caburron1ero

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: dr boogie

Postby FiveseveN » 14 Apr 2015, 09:36

I hear Mesa Boogie makes something like that.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)
FiveseveN
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 45 times

Postby caburron1ero » 14 Apr 2015, 19:25

wisegay or not.
caburron1ero

Postby modman » 14 Apr 2015, 21:49

caburron1ero wrote:wisegay or not.

:shock: :hug:
you want tube, you make tube, like real baja tube
"The whole point of diy is diy. It's not dsoiyathodtr - do some of it yourself and then have others do the rest" (paulc)
modman
a d m i n

Have thanks: 495 times

Postby sinner » 14 Apr 2015, 23:30

This is the whole point no to use valves. To make it compact you have to go with solid state. It wouldn't be possible to do it on valves in that form. Valves need high voltage to operate, more room to keep it cool, more advanced filtering and power supply

But it is possible - just build the DR preamp channel of your choice and finish it with FX Loop's buffer stage preceded with volume control
sinner
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 1098 times

Postby caburron1ero » 16 Apr 2015, 00:21

no way jose ,dont like the sound of transistors,nor digital stompboxes like digitech,zoom.i have tested them ,i like vox tonela st, the sound is fantastic maybe becouse the valve 12ax7.i will have to buy 3 12ax7 and then implement the dr boogie and see what happens.
caburron1ero

Postby grrrunge » 16 Apr 2015, 08:17

sinner wrote:This is the whole point no to use valves. To make it compact you have to go with solid state. It wouldn't be possible to do it on valves in that form. Valves need high voltage to operate, more room to keep it cool, more advanced filtering and power supply

But it is possible - just build the DR preamp channel of your choice and finish it with FX Loop's buffer stage preceded with volume control

+1 :horsey: If you want a Dr Boogie built with tubes, build yourself a Dual Rectifier preamp, and be done with it.
A true believer in the magic of Sherwood Forest Pedal Pirates
---
New base of operations: http://www.knucklehead.dk
grrrunge
Diode Debunker

Have thanks: 200 times

Postby soulsonic » 05 May 2015, 17:28

grrrunge wrote:
sinner wrote:This is the whole point no to use valves. To make it compact you have to go with solid state. It wouldn't be possible to do it on valves in that form. Valves need high voltage to operate, more room to keep it cool, more advanced filtering and power supply

+1 :horsey: If you want a Dr Boogie built with tubes, build yourself a Dual Rectifier preamp, and be done with it.

+2 Seriously! Dr. Boogie is just a JFET version of the Dual Recto... if you want actual tube version of the Dual Rectifier, then just build the original.
soulsonic
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 255 times

Return to Freestomp Café!