Trace Elliot TVT9

Anything non-technical you want to talk about, talk it over and have beer ...

Trace Elliot TVT9

Postby Sonne » 10 Aug 2015, 15:26

Hello everyone !
A couple of days ago I bought a Trace Elliot TVT9 preamp for like 100$..
Some of the pots were horrible, but overall everything is like brand new, even the tubes.
So I found the schematics, and i opened it to change the pots, and i have a suggestion to all of you.
Would someone want me to upload the schematic, and some gut shots and on the pcb, for all of you who want to build the same preamp ?
Sonne

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Trace Elliot TVT9

Postby CHEEZOR » 10 Aug 2015, 23:12

Typically you shouldn't ask. You should just do it if you have the time/equipment and you feel inclined. There will almost always be people in the future who will be interested regardless what the gear is. At least, that's my take on it. :)

I would rather there was too much equipment posted here than too little.
CHEEZOR
Diode Debunker

Have thanks: 88 times

Re: Trace Elliot TVT9

Postby DrNomis » 11 Aug 2015, 02:55

Sonne wrote:Hello everyone !
A couple of days ago I bought a Trace Elliot TVT9 preamp for like 100$..
Some of the pots were horrible, but overall everything is like brand new, even the tubes.
So I found the schematics, and i opened it to change the pots, and i have a suggestion to all of you.
Would someone want me to upload the schematic, and some gut shots and on the pcb, for all of you who want to build the same preamp ?

You should go ahead, you never know, someone might have a TV9 that needs servicing... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.
DrNomis
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 384 times

Return to Freestomp Café!