subsitiute for 510k resistor?

Anything non-technical you want to talk about, talk it over and have beer ...

subsitiute for 510k resistor?

Postby ballfire » 19 Mar 2016, 01:29

hello evrybody

i ask something sorry for the intervening on this cafe...can i substitute a 560k from 510k on fl301 resistor?? or the 24k on the fl301 with 27k for substitution??

thanks can i use higher resistor to the uncommon resistor like those on the fl301 schematic??
ballfire
Solder Soldier

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: subsitiute for 510k resistor?

Postby apollomusicservice » 19 Mar 2016, 09:52

It would be much better if you said Ibanez FL301 and resistors R102, R109 and R110, for example.
It's more clear for understanding.
Yes you can replace these resistors with higher values, you will not notice the difference.
apollomusicservice
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 684 times

Postby Dirk_Hendrik » 20 Mar 2016, 08:27

What apollo says.
It would be even better if the question came with a schematic so the ones that are available to help don't have to search their ss-es off to determine what you mean.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com
Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 985 times

Postby BJF » 20 Mar 2016, 19:11

Hi,

From a more wide perspective, it is seldom the exact value matters but in the most critical stages it is most often the balance of a couple
of components more than the exact values: so look for what else is connected to a resistor and you can usually substitute to values you have on hand.
If it’s a corner frequency or a voltage division et.c there are multiple ways of achieving same results and generally it takes more than 10% change for you to notice any difference ( depends largely on the circuit and for instance relative to sound overtone production in a J-Fet varies greatly within 20% change in dynamic drain load)-as long as the balance is met however you can usually find a way of using the parts you have on hand.
There’s repair guy in Greece that only has two values capacitors and resistors but crates of them and any resistor value can be obtained
with enough 10K resistors and likewise any capacitor value can be obtained with enough 1000pF capacitors :)

In your flanger I doubt you will notice any difference using the parts you have on hand,just as Apollo said

Have fun
BJ
BJF
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 52 times

Postby ballfire » 21 Mar 2016, 01:25

apollomusicservice wrote:It would be much better if you said Ibanez FL301 and resistors R102, R109 and R110, for example.
It's more clear for understanding.
Yes you can replace these resistors with higher values, you will not notice the difference.

thank you apollo ,, i just finished the pcb of fl301 ..i will see what will happend if i up the values of the resistors..
thank you very much..for the advice..
ballfire
Solder Soldier

Postby ballfire » 21 Mar 2016, 01:28

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:What apollo says.
It would be even better if the question came with a schematic so the ones that are available to help don't have to search their ss-es off to determine what you mean.

thank you hendrik for your words ..by the way your site is good for looking for schematics amazing schematics there..
ballfire
Solder Soldier

Postby ballfire » 21 Mar 2016, 01:29

BJF wrote:Hi,

From a more wide perspective, it is seldom the exact value matters but in the most critical stages it is most often the balance of a couple
of components more than the exact values: so look for what else is connected to a resistor and you can usually substitute to values you have on hand.
If it’s a corner frequency or a voltage division et.c there are multiple ways of achieving same results and generally it takes more than 10% change for you to notice any difference ( depends largely on the circuit and for instance relative to sound overtone production in a J-Fet varies greatly within 20% change in dynamic drain load)-as long as the balance is met however you can usually find a way of using the parts you have on hand.
There’s repair guy in Greece that only has two values capacitors and resistors but crates of them and any resistor value can be obtained
with enough 10K resistors and likewise any capacitor value can be obtained with enough 1000pF capacitors :)

In your flanger I doubt you will notice any difference using the parts you have on hand,just as Apollo said

Have fun
BJ

thanks also bjf..i will see what would happend if i change these values higher..after i finish the fl301 pedal..
ballfire
Solder Soldier

Postby ballfire » 04 Apr 2016, 08:29

hello everybody..

i finished my fl301 flanger and it works well..i think im gonna build another one..

thanks guys for the advice...
ballfire
Solder Soldier

Return to Freestomp Café!