Bonehead move today

Anything non-technical you want to talk about, talk it over and have beer ...

Bonehead move today

Postby maoriente » 23 Oct 2016, 05:15

I pulled a bonehead move today.

I posted one of my cloned pedals for sale online and at the same time attempted to drum up some business for myself.

Not only did I reference the manufacture's original pedal & website, I used a quote from the site as well.

And if that's not bad enough, I had designed the pedal's faceplate to resemble the original (I had no plans to sell it publicly when I built it)

A few hours after posting the ad, I received a call from the company's owner himself, treating me with way more respect then I deserved.

Made me sick to my stomach I most likely aggravated, and most certainly disrespected one of my idols, wasting his time having to deal with my poor use of judgement...or lack there of.

Can't believe I did that. Of course I pulled down the ad as I was hanging up with the gentleman/genius.

Lesson learned, never again...

For this message the author maoriente has received thanks:
sprentiss (25 Oct 2016, 00:24)
maoriente

Have thanks: 4 times

Re: Bonehead move today

Postby J0K3RX » 23 Oct 2016, 23:42

maoriente wrote:I pulled a bonehead move today.

I posted one of my cloned pedals for sale online and at the same time attempted to drum up some business for myself.

Not only did I reference the manufacture's original pedal & website, I used a quote from the site as well.

And if that's not bad enough, I had designed the pedal's faceplate to resemble the original (I had no plans to sell it publicly when I built it)

A few hours after posting the ad, I received a call from the company's owner himself, treating me with way more respect then I deserved.

Made me sick to my stomach I most likely aggravated, and most certainly disrespected one of my idols, wasting his time having to deal with my poor use of judgement...or lack there of.

Can't believe I did that. Of course I pulled down the ad as I was hanging up with the gentleman/genius.

Lesson learned, never again...

So... You're saying that you knowingly tried to sell a clone of an "un-named" manufacture's pedal and branding and got busted? Well shame on you! Didn't yer mamma ever teach you that stealing is wrong? Yer just damn lucky that Brian is a super cool dude and let you remain a free man, this time!

Better make that 2 bonehead moves you pulled today for posting this under the "Boutique Stompboxes dissected" header... I guess since there is no "Boutique Stompboxes Counterfeiters" header you probably should have posted your confession of guilt under "Freestomp Café!" or "Member's Corner"...

And stop stealing, you punk ass felon wanna be Booteeker!

I think LL Cool J said it best!

Link
J0K3RX
Degoop Doctor

Have thanks: 458 times

Postby maoriente » 24 Oct 2016, 14:58

Well, not exactly, but the tone of your reply is spot on.

I'm still bothered by my thought process that day.

The thought of promoting myself and/or taking money out of his pocket...my hobby...his livelihood...sickens me.

The reason I posted my "confession" was in hopes someone else would think twice before making, or continuing to make the same mistake.

For this message the author maoriente has received thanks: 2
J0K3RX (24 Oct 2016, 18:53), JudgeMingus (25 Oct 2016, 04:27)
maoriente

Postby toneman » 26 Oct 2016, 05:09

God forgives U, my son.

Don't know about the rest of the humans, though(?)

Live Long and Solder

8)
Tone-to-the-Bone

For this message the author toneman has received thanks:
J0K3RX (27 Oct 2016, 02:44)
toneman
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 19 times

Postby maoriente » 28 Oct 2016, 04:05

Thank you toneman,

I've said 10 Hail Mary's, 10 Our Fathers, redesigned/replaced 7 faceplates, took down 6 posted pics.

I now feel cleansed.

Been waiting for a particular pedal to be traced...think I'll go buy it instead.
maoriente

Return to Freestomp Café!