Quake in NZ

Anything non-technical you want to talk about, talk it over and have beer ...

Quake in NZ

Postby Jarno » 13 Nov 2016, 21:19

Everybody from fsb in Christchurch, ok?
Quite a quake! Good luck sorting everything out!
"It crackles....., but that's ok"
Jarno
Solder Soldier

Have thanks: 4 times

Re: Quake in NZ

Postby lolbou » 13 Nov 2016, 21:27

Just PM'd bajaman earlier today, no answer yet... :| Hope he's okay...

And you Rocklander?
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.
lolbou
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 233 times

Postby deltafred » 18 Nov 2016, 11:05

lolbou wrote:Just PM'd bajaman earlier today, no answer yet... :| Hope he's okay...

And you Rocklander?

lolbou - Any news of bajaman or Rocklander?
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012
deltafred
Opamp Operator

Have thanks: 238 times

Postby lolbou » 18 Nov 2016, 17:57

Yes I had some from bajaman (and selfishly forgot about the thread - sorry). He was quite away from the center of the quake, but had to leave its near-coast home bacause of the tsunami alert that - luckily enough - never happened.

Lots of failures with services (electricty and so on I guess) in the following hours, but apparently the worst was leaving his house in the middle of the night with just his clothes on and not knowing what could happen... Sleepless night for sure!

Didn't hear from rocklander though... :(
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.
lolbou
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 233 times

Postby bajaman » 18 Nov 2016, 21:35

Hi folks - as lolbou said - no problem here in Christchurch - the damage occurred at least 100km north of where I live. Was a very major event for the folks there - collapsed buildings, huge landslides and raised seabed by up to 2 metres in some places - felt by me as a rolling sensation - like on a boat or waterbed - no sharp jolts just a sea sick sensation. There was a lot of confusion about the possibility of a tidal wave tsunami which was a bit of a non event in the end, but had to evacuate our home because live close to the sea. When the tsunami alert sirens finally started up a good two hours after the shakes a lot of folks were already heading for higher ground. When our family left we were stuck in grid locked traffic, so if the big wave had arrived we would have been overwhelmed by it!
I am sure Ivan (rocklander) is okay as he lives a lot further north of my place on the North Island of NZ.
Cheers
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings
bajaman
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 825 times

Postby deltafred » 19 Nov 2016, 02:03

Good to hear that you and your family are safe bajaman.

Let's hope Rocklander is ok too (that goes for all in the affected areas). I'm sure that posting on FSB is probably near the bottom of the list of priorities right now.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012
deltafred
Opamp Operator

Have thanks: 238 times

Postby Ice-9 » 19 Nov 2016, 02:21

Good to hear that you and your family are safe Steve, I hope Rocklander is safe too.
Regards
Mick
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?
Ice-9
Transistor Tuner

Have thanks: 340 times

Return to Freestomp Café!