EAGLE CAD CA3094E & NE5517 Collector Output question

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...
ringworm
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by ringworm »

I'm trying to make a CA309E4 part for a project in EAGLE and have come up against a problem.
I'm working from a library called ota.lbr (available for download at the EAGLE CAD website). What I have noticed is that it seems to be impossible to have enough connectors in a DIL8 package to include the +V on the sink output/collector. In the circulating schematics and datasheets this is listed as pin8. Noticing this, I double checked the NE5517s in my project schematic and noticed that I could not connect a signal from that point to +9V.
Is there a workaround for this or has anyone else come up against this problem?
Here's a screengrab to illustrate the problem in the schematic, I've pulled the output darlington across to show that it is not connected. No matter how i try the signal will not connect to the sink output/collector because there is no pin connected to the symbol within the package design.

Hides-His-Eyes
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Hides-His-Eyes »

presumably it's tied to the V+ pin you can find using 'invoke'?
Testing, testing, won too fwee

ringworm
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by ringworm »

That's just it, it's not. Here's a shot of my work in progress on the package design. Where 8 is currently connected to the input of the darlington buffer it should be connected to the sink output/collector. I redesigned the darlington buffer but as a result because there are only 8 pins it would not let me connect to the input of the buffer. I hope I'm making sense here, difficult to explain.