TubeScreamer PCB layout - your eyes requested!

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...
The_JinJ
Information

Post by The_JinJ »

Hi

Looking for a favour - I have laid out a 2 layer PCB for a Tubescreamer clone. I'm still in the process of tidying it up but have made all the relevant connections. I have checked it over several times and seems ok but would appreciate it if anyone could have a once over and try and spot any mistakes. I've laid it out so that it could be sent to a budget PCB prototype company which require 50x50mm layouts.
I've also incorporated a few mods and used the schematics from General Guitar Gadgets - http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pro ... ca-project

I plan on getting 10 pieces made once complete and would happily send a couple to anyone that helps out with some checking/suggestions etc.

Diptrace & DXF files
TS808.zip
TS808 Diptrace
(21.88 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
If any other format is needed just let me know.

Cheers
Neil

Pruttelherrie
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Pruttelherrie »

Does iTead have DRC files for Diptrace? If so, run the check and you should be fine, assuming* that the your design has the correct schematic and is consistent between schematic and pcb. I use Eagle myself, running the iTead DRC shows where the manufacturing problems would be and they are easily fixed.
That said, iTead's capability is way better (size-wise) that I'm comfortable with soldering so I mostly check that I haven't made the pads too small etc.

Can you export to Eagle files so I can have a quick look-over?

* Assumption is the MOTHER of all fuck-ups!

Ice-9
Degoop Doctor
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)

Post by Ice-9 »

I looked at it in Diptrace and it looks like you have a mistake, the connection near R23 and R10 has a ratline (blue line) meaning that part of the net does not have a trace. Check that out it could easily be fixed by manually adding a trace or by adding a ground plane copper pour.
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

Ice-9
Degoop Doctor
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)

Post by Ice-9 »

A quick second look and your level pot lug is going to 9v, I haven't traced out the circuit for correctness though.
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

The_JinJ
Information

Post by The_JinJ »

Ice-9 wrote:A quick second look and your level pot lug is going to 9v, I haven't traced out the circuit for correctness though.
Thanks for the replies. The ratnest line is because I can't seem to remove the single point from the net without it deleting the traces associated. It isn't actually connected! Also, similar issue, 9v doesn't run to the level lug but somehow that trace has got added to the power net and I can't seem to remove it!

I've attached a schematic and a modded pcb which includes led & asymetrical clipping (C1, C2, C3) and amz switch (A1 & A2) - ref: http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf ... 8_mods.pdf
808modded.zip
808 with mods schematic and pcb
(15.45 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
808 pcb top
808 pcb top
808top.jpg (103.18 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
808 pcb bottom
808 pcb bottom
808bottom.jpg (68.9 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
Cheers!