different hole sizes in eagle cad

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...
copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

hi i have a problem with eagle, i have a custom DRU, that work pretty fine for me, are big pads and big traces, also big insulation pads, the problem its that now i want to make a full pcb for a pedal, i mean every component onboard, jacks and 3pdt, the main problem its that if i use mad beans library or any other DIY lib, when i use my DRU, change every pads to my custom zises, but jacks pads and swtiches are mean tobe bigger, but the become smaller, its there any way to make that my bigger pads stay big??

electrosonic
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by electrosonic »

I started with the gaussmarkov library ( like madbean you can see parts of the that library in his ) , and tweaked component and hole sizes to suit my needs. If you want bigger pads just edit the library.

Andrew.

copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

electrosonic wrote:I started with the gaussmarkov library ( like madbean you can see parts of the that library in his ) , and tweaked component and hole sizes to suit my needs. If you want bigger pads just edit the library.

Andrew.

they rare big enough, but i have a custom DRU, thay makes big pads, on normal componets like diodes resistors, capacitors, and all others, but when i use this DRU converts the jacks pads to normals pads

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

You have two choices for your pads:
1. Use generic pad sizes choosing "round" or "square in DRC > Shapes and defining sizes in DRC > Sizes. All your pads will be sized according to that.
2. Use library pad sizes choosing "As in library" in DRC > Shapes and defining sizes in each library. Then pads will be sized per device.