need help to export Eagle layouts

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...
marcao_cfh
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by marcao_cfh »

Hey. I'm doing some layouts using Eagle and I will do the boards myself at home, but I have some trouble to export them. When I choose to export the board as a png file, the output file have wrong board dimensions, and also the parts' holes are not "empty", they are filled with the layout traces that connect them (don't know how to explain this better since english isn't my first language). How can I export the files the correct way, so they have the correct dimensions and "empty" holes?

Thanks!

grrrunge
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Loads!

Post by grrrunge »

Make sure that you only have the pads and traces visible in Eagle, then export as PDF instead of PNG. Works like a charm ;)
A true believer in the magic of Sherwood Forest Pedal Pirates
---
New base of operations: http://www.knucklehead.dk

marcao_cfh
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by marcao_cfh »

I did that once. But the pads' holes are not "empty" (that's not an problem) and I get only one copy of the layout per sheet. I'm trying png to open it on MS Paint and copy and paste a few copies of the layouts on the same sheet, so if something goes wrong when I do the thermal transfer I will have a few spare copies.

grrrunge
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Loads!

Post by grrrunge »

I doubt your version of Eagle behaves different from mine. Try the following:
- In the Layers menu, only pads and bottom should be turned on. all other layers should be turned off.
- Click File->Print.
- In the print dialog chose the smallest paper size your board will fit on and save as PDF.
- Any PDF-viewer will let you print multiple copies of a document on one piece of paper. (Example: 4xA6 will fit in one A4 sheet)

We do this all the time when building circuits at DTU ;) I get boards that are scaled correctly and without copper filling in the pad holes. The PNG through MS Paint business gets you nothing but trouble...
A true believer in the magic of Sherwood Forest Pedal Pirates
---
New base of operations: http://www.knucklehead.dk

marcao_cfh
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by marcao_cfh »

Thanks a lot! I got to save the layouts as PDFs and without copper filling in the pad holes. I just didn't got to print multiple copies on the same sheet, didn't found this option in my PDF-viewer.