open source "quite universal" cct emulator

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...
rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

thought someone may find this of interest
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qucs/
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

I've been using QUCS with Linux (Ubuntu) for a number of years.

I don't use it often enough to get proficient with it (I seem to forget most of what I learned before using it again) but always seem to manage to get it to do what I want.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Downloading it so I can give it a go, I used to use a Circuit Simulator called Circuitmaker 2000, but found that it gave inaccurate results even when the circuit I was simulating checked out fine.....cheers... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

timsp1
Information

Post by timsp1 »

I am going to download it. Thanks for sharing.

Regards
John