Universal G-Code Sender and a diy Arduino CNC

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...
chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

Anybody etch pcb's using an arduino cnc? I have most the items needed except the frame, which I am building. Oh, and the spindle motor for the bits. I'm hoping the little nema17 motors are good enough to move one of those spindle motors around.. :scratch: :hmmm:

I'm sick of chemicals and also want to try this for double sided stuff.
Skyline FX 2013

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

I am thinking about it.

I have 4 x NEMA17 motors (1 spare), a load of 2020 aluminium extrusion, the stepper driver board and Arduinos galore. All I need is to get my ass into gear and actually build the frame.

A friend of mine has a couple of 3D printers and says for 3D printing don't go for the printed corners, they have too much give in them and you cannot gut sufficient precision. He also recommends the delta style over the XYZ (3 axis).

I think for knocking out PCBs a simple XYZ axis with printed corners would be quite adequate as you are not bothered about a perfect surface finish. As long as you join all the pads needed the occasional slight wiggle in the track edges is of no real concern.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012