Recording Software

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...
platinum321
Information

Post by platinum321 »

If you tell me what you are looking for I can probably get it for you.
PM me and I will see what I can do.

If you wish join us at http://www.mp3dreaming.net
Post some jokes and what not, if ya have links or find em and you want to share em than do so. Sort of got to prove you are contributing in order to access the board. However it is just as I said jokes share your hobbies et. don't have to post software. Anywho. . . Very friendly board been a member almost since its inception years ago. Find almost anything on there. And if you don't find it on there the board will help locate it of find a way to (Ahem)... "fix it" :wink: if ya know what I mean.

See some of you there I am sure.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

http://www.reaper.fm/
REAPER is a fully featured multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.

July 31 2008 - REAPER v2.44! Better stuff all around + Windows x64 and OS X betas!
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

drushton2002
Information

Post by drushton2002 »

whatever software i need i just type the name in google and then rapidshare and BAM i got it!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=737396

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

Reaper is THE software to get - designed by the guy that did Winamp v5 - justin frankel - a 30 year old wizard.
Reaper is free but only costs $50 to help with development - optional :wink:
It will allow as many real time plugins that you can throw at it without draining your CPU.
It does NOT crash like Cubase and Soanar etc., and it easily outperforms the Magix Samplitude 10 etc.
Download it and enjoy troublefree recording, mixdowns and CDR production.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ( by someone who has tried them all including Pro Fools :wink: )
chers
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings

Aharon
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Aharon »

Hey Bajaman,since I've come to respect your opinion I'm going to ask you a question,have you tried Nuendo and would you still prefer Reaper.The reason I'm asking is that I want to set up a recording environment and I have to decide to learn ONE of the programs(plus VSTi etc),basically which one is more intuitive and compatible etc etc.
Thanks for your opinion or anyone elses with experience welcome.
Thanks
Aharon

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

Hi Aharon
I did play around with Nuendo many years ago - I have a friend who has had good results using it - it is MUCH MORE STABLE than the buggy Cubase and very rarely crashes the system. I must admit that I have not spent very much time with it in recent years - in fact I have not had much time to record anything - shame on me :( , but recently another friend downloaded REAPER and turned me on to it.
Reaper is one of the best if not the best piece of recording software available and it is VERY cheap to purchase. You can download it for free - full working version, not crippleware :!: .
What I REALLY like about reaper (apart from the continuous upgrades and development process) is the very low use of the computer's CPU when running LOTS of VSTi and plugin effects. we are talking about four different effects per track and at least 8 tracks running on a Pentium 4 computer!!!
You can even record 8 tracks in real time with dsp effects on each track whilst recording with no crashes or lock ups.
Of course the recording will not have the effects on it but it is nice to record vocals with a nice reverb you can here through the monitors when recording.
I would seriously suggest you give Reaper a try first - it is a very easy and intuitive piece of software to set up and use.
The guy who designed and continues to develop it is a Genius (Justin Frankel). He was responsible for Winamp 5.
cheers
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings

Aharon
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Aharon »

Thanks BAja :idea: I'll download it and give it a try,got the manual and I'm leafing through it.Great stuff. :mrgreen:
Aharon

chris_d
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by chris_d »

bajaman wrote:Hi Aharon
I did play around with Nuendo many years ago - I have a friend who has had good results using it - it is MUCH MORE STABLE than the buggy Cubase and very rarely crashes the system. I must admit that I have not spent very much time with it in recent years - in fact I have not had much time to record anything - shame on me :( , but recently another friend downloaded REAPER and turned me on to it.
Reaper is one of the best if not the best piece of recording software available and it is VERY cheap to purchase. You can download it for free - full working version, not crippleware :!: .
What I REALLY like about reaper (apart from the continuous upgrades and development process) is the very low use of the computer's CPU when running LOTS of VSTi and plugin effects. we are talking about four different effects per track and at least 8 tracks running on a Pentium 4 computer!!!
You can even record 8 tracks in real time with dsp effects on each track whilst recording with no crashes or lock ups.
Of course the recording will not have the effects on it but it is nice to record vocals with a nice reverb you can here through the monitors when recording.
I would seriously suggest you give Reaper a try first - it is a very easy and intuitive piece of software to set up and use.
The guy who designed and continues to develop it is a Genius (Justin Frankel). He was responsible for Winamp 5.
cheers
bajaman
I absolutely agree with all of this. Reaper is pretty spectacular. The biggest thing for me has been its super-efficient CPU usage. I am able to use a ten-year-old laptop here to record eight tracks at once through a firewire interface. I have tried a lot of different programs and none besides Reaper would even remotely allow that kind of use on this kind of old technology hardware.

Also, the install file is only 4MB. The total install including enough VST plugins to make finalized recordings, is 12MB. It is a study in elegance, and efficiency.

Definitely my favorite DAW. :applause:

-chris

Aharon
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Aharon »

Thanks guys,just downloaded it and will start to do some simple recording with it.
One interesting aspect I found aside from all the other wonderful things you guys explained is that you can ,through ReaRoute use another computer to run FX and VSTi.The manual does not explain much about it and I don't know if that's a possibility with other DAWs but sure cought my eye since that could lead to be a very powerful recording environement.If any of you know anything or has tried ReaRoute explain a little to me ,like how do the computers connect to each other and do they have to run the same OS (or can you have one running Vista and another XP)etc.
Great stuff.
Thanks again
Aharon