+9V power for VOX amplug?

Frequently asked questions regarding powering your pedal.
rudeez
Information

Post by rudeez »

Hi.
Is there any simple way to drive a VOX amplug (2xAA batteries =3V) on a normal +9V source?

Cheers!
Jimmie

earthtonesaudio
Transistor Tuner
Information
Completed builds: Metal Simplex, Fuzz Factory, two Fab Echos-modded, Noisy Cricket, Earth & Space Wah, TS-7-modded, passive xover/splitter box, opamp fuzz

Post by earthtonesaudio »

Simple+good: 3.3V regulator
adequate+slightly cheaper: series resistor, shunt ~3V zener diode with parallel capacitor
poor quality but very cheap: series voltage drop through ~6V zener or some value of resistor.
rocklander wrote:hairsplitting and semantics aren't exactly the same thing though.. we may need two contests for that.

bato001
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by bato001 »

I think you can use resistors in parallel to make a voltage divider, say 10k on one half running to ground and 5k on the other running to power your circuit.
Attachments
V divider.jpg
"Ever wondered how some of your favourite guitar players got their tone? Me too. Probably a good amp and lots of practice." Little Lord Electronics Homepage

bato001
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by bato001 »

I apologize as the previous diagram will not divide the voltage, only the current. See corrected diagram below for a proper voltage divider diagram.
Attachments
Vdividr_good.jpg
"Ever wondered how some of your favourite guitar players got their tone? Me too. Probably a good amp and lots of practice." Little Lord Electronics Homepage