Effect with Tuner Out

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
boidek
Information

Post by boidek »

Hi all,

I want to build an effect with a tuner out controlled with a 3pdt.
It should have two LED's. One for the effect and the other for the tuner.

I've built it last night, but the LED's are not lighting up.

Anything wrong with the diagram?

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

boidek wrote: Anything wrong with the diagram?
Unless the LEDs have built in current limiting resistors you have almost certainly blown them (with too much current).

Try adding a couple of 470 ohm resistors in series with a pair of new LEDs and see what that does. Make sure that you get the LEDs the right way round. The cathode (0v side) is the short lead next to the flat on the LED body.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

boidek
Information

Post by boidek »

Sorry, I forgot to draw the resistors for the LED's.

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

boidek wrote:Sorry, I forgot to draw the resistors for the LED's.
As long as you have the LEDs the correct way round then it should work as drawn.

A couple of things that spring to mind
Are you sure the switch is not 90 degrees out, difficult to tell on a footswitch with 9 contacts.
Are the resistors too high in value.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

boidek
Information

Post by boidek »

To my knowledge the footswitch should be placed when the connectors on it are parallel to you. Just like in the drawing, no?

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

boidek wrote:To my knowledge the footswitch should be placed when the connectors on it are parallel to you. Just like in the drawing, no?
I don't know. I would get a meter on it and see which contacts are shorted.