True Bypass Looper Volume Loss HELP

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
bassist92821
Information

Post by bassist92821 »

I just finished a 6-loop with tuner bypass and a wah circuit that can be bypassed,cutout completely, and switched from the start to the end of the other 6 loops. What I found now, is that the volume is depleted when pedals are plugged in and bypassed. My diagram can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 627&type=3 Any comments??

Lucifer
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vyse BBQ Blue

Post by Lucifer »

First thing that springs to mind is that - assuming the diagram is correct - you have wired something differently.

I can't tell if the diagram is correct. I haven't had long to scrutinise it yet, but I'm a bit unsure about all the left-pointing arrows on the bypass switches. Where are they pointing - or where do they go ?
”Sex is great - but you can’t beat the real thing !” - The Wanker’s Handbook

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

In addition to Lucifer's comments: Assuming the diagram turns out to be correct (can't view it on my phone) and assuming that your wiring matches a correct schematic, you need to quantify the amount of signal loss. A string of true bypass pedals will result in a small but noticeable signal loss unless the input to the chain is buffered. I use a dual true bypass looper to switch two loops of five pedals in and out of the chain. With one loop engaged (all pedals in bypass) a slight treble loss is apparent due to the extra cable, and with both engaged, the volume and treble are both slightly reduced. This is normal.

If the loss is significant however, it is more likely to be a wiring fault.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

bassist92821
Information

Post by bassist92821 »

the arrows as you call them are grounds. If any of you would like I can email you the diagram a little bit more comprehensive and color coded.

Lucifer
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vyse BBQ Blue

Post by Lucifer »

Thanks for clarifying about the 'arrows'. I might have worked out that they were earths, but it was late and had been a long day.

If you want to send me your other diagram, I'll be happy to give it a look over for you.

I don't know if you can do that in a PM or if you need to email me.
”Sex is great - but you can’t beat the real thing !” - The Wanker’s Handbook