wah and volume pedal mod

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

hi averyone i have heard that if you add a dpdt switch(a normal one) you can switch between wah and volumen pedal, the dpdt just switches a 4,7uf tha just turns off the wah pedal, its that true?? and if its so, where does it have tobe connected??

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

copachino wrote: the dpdt just switches a 4,7uf tha just turns off the wah pedal, its that true
It is true indeed, although I don't know if you can mute your signal completely...

I don't know if the cap has to be lift off or shorted, but remove the 4µ7 capacitor (check polrity), and experiment to check if the wah "volumes" when it's shorted or open.

Then adapt the switch accordingly. A unipolar (SPxT?) switch would be enough I guess...
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

you know im not really sure about spdt swtiches in pedals, look the diagram and help me to understand...

for example if i wire the positive lug of the cap on the NC and wire the negative lug to C, also i have to wire the C lug to the negative side in the PCB, an the NC goes to the positive of the PCB??? i nor really sure how to wire the cap with the switch on the image(SPDT)